Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 wide glide seat suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:26 PM
alzylstra3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 wide glide seat suggestions

Have a 2014 wide glide and overall the seating position is comfy for me. I'm thinking of adding an aftermarket seat and looking for any reviews y'all might have. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:58 PM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type are you looking for? Touring, around town, minimal, solo, etc. that will help get the suggestions on track for you.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:18 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Had a Predator seat; forget who makes it....maybe Drag Specialties? Positioned me great, low and a little further back. Looked great but was only good for about an hour of riding, great seat for around town and bar hopping. Switched to a Mustang Wide with backrest; best damn seat ever! Ride all freaking day in that thing with no issues! Doesnt look the best, but my ars doesnt care what it looks like!

Old 03-22-2015, 12:09 AM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

mustang seats for me all the way.They have a rigid flat base that you might think isnt comfy but just like a firm matress it works well.I put them on my last 3 bikes and I've no need to try anything else.I get the wide vintage model but there are other models.I've ridden hundreds of miles a hundred days with nearly zero discomfort other than sweaty *** syndone!No need for any Monkey Butt powder!

Last edited by ChromeBlows; 03-22-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM
alzylstra3
Advanced

I'm okay right now for some 100 mile days but I'm looking for something more suited towards longer distance riding. I have a 3 day ride soon that should cover around 300 miles per day. Anyone know if I can use the stock passenger seat with a mustang on front?

Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 AM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sick Saddles

Attached Thumbnails 2014 wide glide seat suggestions-image.jpg  
Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 AM
alzylstra3
Advanced

Anyone tried the Mustang day tripper one piece seat? I like the look but it would have to be comfortable also! Thanks for all the help so far. I'm new to the forum and got my first Harley in August 2014! I'm having trouble viewing photos in the threads......any tips for using the forum are greatly appreciated.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Seats and comfort is a pretty subjective thing and what works for one will be pain for another, your individual weight, height and inseam will make a big difference in what you specifically find comfortable, I personally found the stock seat wildly uncomfortable and removed it quickly.

I'll head in a different direction than the other posters, I went with a LePera BareBones w/passenger pillion on my '13 WG. I'm tall with a long inseam and I'm skinny, the BareBones gives me additional leg room as it moved me back further than stock and the near non-existent padding doesn't cause me any issues, about the time I'm ready to get off the bike and stretch she needs fuel anyway; as I said, body proportions play quite a role in seat comfort...

Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 AM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeBlows
mustang seats for me all the way.They have a rigid flat base that you might think isnt comfy but just like a firm matress it works well.I put them on my last 3 bikes and I've no need to try anything else.I get the wide vintage model but there are other models.I've ridden hundreds of miles a hundred days with nearly zero discomfort other than sweaty *** syndone!No need for any Monkey Butt powder!
+1

I have several Mustang seats including a vintage on my 2013 FXDWG. Great seat and I replaced a sundowner that came on it since I bought the bike pre-owned.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Harley Sundowner seat for the long haul. You can borrow one from your Harley dealer to try out before buying.

Quick Reply: 2014 wide glide seat suggestions