Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB Racing LSR 2 into 1 or 2 into 1 Blackhole

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
kpreese
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB Racing LSR 2 into 1 or 2 into 1 Blackhole

Yeah, I think that's metalmike from the forum. It's a cool video, the bike looks great,and the exhaust sounds mean. But that's a great example of why the videos don't really tell you a whole lot. The bike is parked in a corner with sound bouncing all over the place. The sound is radically different depending on where the camera is, etc. So which sound is the truest example of the sound? You could stand somewhere and make the mellowest exhaust sound like firecrackers going off and vice versa.

The best betmay be to have the camera in a wide open space and stick it on a tripod maybe 10 feet off the road, ride up to it, stop and let it idle and then rip off into the distance. I don't know, I don't mean to derail this thread, I'm just thinking out loud about giving that a try.

I'd be surprised if you could reuse your heat shields. Certainly would need to confirm that with RB Racing. I think I paid just under $900 for everything including shipping.

Kevin

Old 04-25-2007, 12:45 AM
TonyS
6th Gear

Yea your price may be right I never asked the guy about how much he paid for the pipes...I just got the prices off their website.

here is the answer I got from RB Racing

Simply either drill a 7/8" hole up the center of the pipe (for a bit more noise and performance) or order one of our LSR 2-1 designs (non-Black Hole).
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21/dynafxr.html[/align][/align]So the only difference is the little hole I have now and the 7/8 hole for the LSR 2-1[/align][/align]I am going to drill the hole out I have already looked at doing that...It looks real simple[/align]

Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM
kpreese
Road Captain

I wasn't clear earlier, I was giving the price of mine for comparison. Seems like when I priced the blackhole version it was $400 MORE (actuallytheprices you gave confirm that).

Drilling the big baffle sounds like a great option if you want to increase the sound level. I believe that huge rear section is basically a big muffler whereas the normal LSR has none. So I'm not sure he's saying that drilling a bigger hole means you basically have created the normal LSR or if he just meant that will put you at about the same volume. I don't think there is anything to drill in my exhaust, no baffle. So I think you'll be looking at a 7/8" hole as opposed to a full bore 3" hole. I should probably grab a mirror and try to see around that bend and confirm that though.

Go for it! If you still don't like it, you'll still be able to sell it. In fact some folks would like the look and not the normal sound, so it might even sell BETTER. I'manxious to hear how this experimentworks out!

Original Junior . . . thanks for the compliment! I still would recommend you not place too much value on a youtube video for reasons I mentioned earlier. I probably need to get out somewhere and try my idea and see if I can get a realistic demonstration of the sound. I don't think there is any way to compare volume though unless you use the same video/sound equip, same bike, same location and same positioning.

Kevin

Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
TonyS
6th Gear

Well I drilled it out to 7/8 it was a 5/16 to start, sound is much louder with a deeper rumble..I like the sound not super loud but a good sound not very crackly..not as loud as the thunderheader I have on my sporty but sure looks a hell of alot better.

Next step is getting rid of those little 10' apes and getsome 18' apes... but that will be a few weeks..I am still recovering from buying this bike..

Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TonyS

Yeah the Blackholes are expensive ..especially with the o2 sensor and heat shields 875 pipe and 299 O2 sensor and like about 150 for heat sheilds... I am leaning towards getting the LSR and using my heat sheilds..I read on the site that the make a slash cut with the 3inch tailpipe like the blackhole...that way i can still use my O2 sensor.. I sent them a email asking..

I found video of the sound at Idleof the LSR 2/1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GQc7r3dHE I like the sound... the video sound is a little weird though
no more youtube!!!!
i start with one video and 12 hours later i'm still in the same spot!
go from harley to 220 mph hayabusa in 20 minutes!