Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Batwing Fairin

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:29 AM
jfrizman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Batwing Fairin

About to order a Batwing Fairing from Tsukayu. I am curious as to what length of windshield everyone recommends. It comes in 5", 8", or 10". They also have straight or curved windshields. What does everyone recommend. Not sure how tall the fairing sets up so unsure about the length of windshield. Any help would be great.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Batwing ?

Do your research first. Someone on this forum has the same bike same set up as you want and may or may not wish they did it differently. So what is your ride set up? Bike, seat, is it lowered, how tall are you, what bars do have, what kind of riding do you do ? And what do you hope to gain from your new fairing ? I have a whole shelf full of stuff that I will never use again because they did not live up to my expectations. "Just saying."

Old 03-04-2015, 06:26 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jfrizman
About to order a Batwing Fairing from Tsukayu. I am curious as to what length of windshield everyone recommends. It comes in 5", 8", or 10". They also have straight or curved windshields. What does everyone recommend. Not sure how tall the fairing sets up so unsure about the length of windshield. Any help would be great.
Would be interested in hearing how this comes out for you. I am also very close to ordering a Tsukayu fairing. I'm 5'9, standard seat height for a SG and I think I will get a 8" straight windshield. I would rather not need to look through it to ride and from what I can tell that should be okay. Let us know how it works for you (with pics?).

Old 03-04-2015, 06:33 AM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you look at a conley's? They look like they'd offer way better wind protection than a batwing.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:44 PM
jfrizman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy
Do your research first. Someone on this forum has the same bike same set up as you want and may or may not wish they did it differently. So what is your ride set up? Bike, seat, is it lowered, how tall are you, what bars do have, what kind of riding do you do ? And what do you hope to gain from your new fairing ? I have a whole shelf full of stuff that I will never use again because they did not live up to my expectations. "Just saying."
I am 5'6" with a sundowner seat. Bike is stock height. I do alot of highway riding and I am hoping to gain wind protection and some awsome sounding tunes.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:02 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by bagger51
Would be interested in hearing how this comes out for you. I am also very close to ordering a Tsukayu fairing. I'm 5'9, standard seat height for a SG and I think I will get a 8" straight windshield. I would rather not need to look through it to ride and from what I can tell that should be okay. Let us know how it works for you (with pics?).
if you are looking through it to ride.... its the wrong height FYI.... should come to your lip

Old 03-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer

So now we just need someone that has a Tsukayu fairing on a SB. to measure from top of top tree to the top of their windshield and tell us which height shield they have . Then you can seat on your bike and hold a tape measure up on top of your top tree to compare that height to your needs. I would recommend a shield with the curved lip on top. My Memphis shades batwing is a little lower than my HD. clamp on but kicks alot more air up over my head.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Batwing Fairin-wp_20141227_006.jpg   Fat Bob Batwing Fairin-wp_20140904_001.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 PM
SwarleyManson62
Advanced

5'10", standard height seat, on street bob. my 5" windshield does just enough...the 8 i'd definitely be looking through it. I tried the straight, didn't like the look and convinced them to let me exhange for the curved.

as far as wind protection...it's decent. not astounding by any means as it sits further out than say a glide fairing.

as far as sound... DO NOT ORDER FAIRING WITH THEIR SET UP!!!! It is complete garbage. Stereo crapped out in 3 days due to a light sprinkle i had to ride in, and the speakers are about as useful as 2 cups and a string. Do yourself a favor...get the polk marines and a decent deck. Also a side note...unless you want to do a little mocking of a way to secure the deck make sure you get a full size deck...not just the media player decks. they don't go deep enough and you'll have to mock something up to hold it in there properly.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 PM
SwarleyManson62
Advanced

and sorry it will be a few days before i can measure with a tape for ya...i just painted the whole bike so it's next to be buffed then reassembled after curing

Old 04-23-2015, 03:47 PM
jfrizman
Advanced

Here are pics of the fairing from Tsukayu. Good looking fairing. Only thing I wish I would have done different is order my own radio and speakers. Not the best quality but will do for now. Everything else looks and seems to be built solid. Clean edges all around.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Batwing Fairin