Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all Dyna Wide Glide Frames the same?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015 | 10:06 AM
henry_arthur
|
4th Gear
Default PM you

Originally Posted by 1999 Wide Glide
Henry,
That is my bike in my signature. From your pictures it looks the same as my 99. I think the frames were the same from 99 - 05. Those are the years for the 88 inch twin cam. The upper (shock) mounting points are also the same.

I would still be interested in the kit. I modified a few things to get those bags and tour pack mounted on my wide glide. I could probably modify your kit to get the bags to fit.
Thanks,
Rick
Thanks Rick (my name is Steve by the way I know the Henry_Arthur thing is confusing) if you want some details I will PM'd you with my email addy

And thanks again

Old 02-25-2015 | 10:13 AM
henry_arthur
|
4th Gear
Default I cant pm you but...

Originally Posted by 1999 Wide Glide
Henry,
That is my bike in my signature. From your pictures it looks the same as my 99. I think the frames were the same from 99 - 05. Those are the years for the 88 inch twin cam. The upper (shock) mounting points are also the same.

I would still be interested in the kit. I modified a few things to get those bags and tour pack mounted on my wide glide. I could probably modify your kit to get the bags to fit.
Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick I cant PM you as it hasn't been activated yet. if you go to casarva.co.uk and look at the contact page the email address is there and I can send you details on the kit.
Cheers
Steve

Old 02-25-2015 | 10:25 AM
henry_arthur
|
4th Gear
Post So this applies only to Dynas?

This is probably a daft question but are there any other models apart from 99 to 05 Dynas that share the same frame?

I think that 6 years production for a model is sufficient to make the jig but if there are other models which use the same it would help me when it comes to letting people know its available.

The cradle is made from quality 1 1/4" tube with upper and lower wishbones, hub carriers and wing / fender supports and will come with a differential already fitted. we will recommend a chain conversion as the wheelbase is longer and it makes it less of a problem in finding a belt the correct length and fitting a replacement the differential will be mated to the rear sprocket. The differential planet gears are provided by BMW

Normally made in mild steel tube this photo shows one in mirror polished stainless steel for a custom commission in build at the moment

Old 02-25-2015 | 04:39 PM
jbrelr21
Cruiser

99 to 01 dyna had 130 rear tire.
02 to 05 dyna went to 150 rear.
wider fender too. so a little differance their, fender wider as well.

Old 02-25-2015 | 06:22 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

Not sure if this will help you or not.
the Frankenstein and Mystery kits can be used on any Harley by using the bike specific swing arm.
You just use the swing arm for the particular bike. to move it to a different bike style you just use it's swing arm.
Everything is the same except touring modes but then it is only the solid strut is used in a different location.
I am referring to the irs on the mystery. The Frankenstein comes with the swing arm but solid axle and uses stock shocks
I like the looks of your kit,
You can download their instructions to see if it may help.
Doesn't matter what year of bike you use. The foot pegs matter. They shorten the swing arm some and weld mounting tabs on it.
Only photo showing the swing arm mounting.

To add this to our wide glide all I have to do is convert the swing arm for the mounting points.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dirtdobber; 02-25-2015 at 06:39 PM.