Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 FXDS motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Ra10corpse
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 FXDS motor mounts

Hello. I had a quick question after reading many pages online about dyna vibration and such.

I went and bought new front and rear motor mounts. I've installed the front and noticed it was not just an easy line up. If I put the hex bolts in then the cap screws wouldn't line up and vice versa. Before torquing it down and doing the rear my question is this:

Should I install both front and rear then run the bike for a few seconds with the mounts slightly loose as in the Harley manual for recentering the motor, then go back at each light lift point with the jack and torque to spec?
Or some say to shim the gap, which I don't think that to be the fix. If that were in the design, you would have a shim there or a part number in which to get different shims.

I'm thinking in hindsight the best procedure would have started with leveling the bike. Slightly loosen mounts. Run bike to recenter. Remove front mount, install new. Go to rear and rinse and repeat. Then slightly loosen, run, recenter, then light lift front, torque, repeat on rear. Enjoy refreshment. Test ride.