Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LED Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:34 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts
Default New LED Headlight

Received my new headlight yesterday, 3 days via USPS cross country from Motoillumination. This is the fellow (Ryan Smith) that operates via FB and Instagram, no website as of yet. Not sure of his complete story, how he got into this, etc. but some of his lights popped up in the club style thread so I decided to take a look.

Price is $160 shipped. Install was plug and play, I did use some foam tape I had just to absorb vibration and snug it to the lip inside the bucket. I have no idea how it compares to the Daymaker, or Truck Light, or some of the others which I could not find in stock for 5.75 inch regardless. The only other one that I was looking at was the Rivera Primo which looked good other than the integrated turn signals, which you don't have to wire but just looked funky to me, plus could not find any reviews on it. This one has only brief comments on performance along with pics but I figure you have to start somewhere and at half the cost of the daymaker well...

Hopefully will get to try it out soon.

Low beam

High beam

Old 02-10-2015, 08:36 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Someone has the mod bug. Looks good.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

For the money, you cant beat it. great product, a ton of guys run them

Old 02-10-2015, 08:44 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattVA
Someone has the mod bug. Looks good.
Ha! Yeah, it's been a busy and expensive winter, I also ordered some DK Customs Thunder Torque's to see if I can get the volume of my exhaust down a bit, hope to do those next week. But I'm done with all major stuff now, just saving for saddlebags and rear signal relo for them when I can. Oh and maybe some highway pegs...

On the plus side, while I didn't get to go out during the stellar Sunday weather I did go for a quick ride on Saturday and then again yesterday (hence the dirt on the front end). Yesterday's ride was awesome, the cams are absolutely spectacular in how they pull. Got onto US81 briefly from Woodstock VA to my Mt Jackson Turn off and got it up to a speed that I don't want to mention. New fairing does a pretty good job as well!

Last edited by robbyville; 02-10-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:49 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Ha! Yeah, it was a busy and expensive winter, I also ordered some DK Customs Thunder Torque's to see if I can get the volume of my exhaust down a bit, hope to do those next week. But I'm done with all major stuff now, just saving for saddlebags and rear signal relo for them when I can. Oh and maybe some highway pegs...

On the plus side, while I didn't get to go out during the stellar Sunday weather I did go for a quick ride on Saturday and then again yesterday (hence the dirt on the front end). Yesterday's ride was awesome, the cams are absolutely spectacular in how they pull. Got onto US81 briefly from Woodstock VA to my Mt Jackson Turn off and got it up to a speed that I don't want to mention. New fairing does a pretty good job as well!
Calling it now. Next winter: BB kit, crankwork, headwork, 30T pulley, primary chain tensioner, and clutch pack.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:53 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Calling it now. Next winter: BB kit, crankwork, headwork, 30T pulley, primary chain tensioner, and clutch pack.
hmmm you make it sound so good! My expectation for next winter is that I will be much more poor if we do move to Southern Ca.

I think I'd enjoy going back into the engine for a project of some type, reality is I certainly don't need the power, as you know the only reason I did the cams was because I wanted to justify the tool set and the 5k service was just plain boring! Ah, fun fun

Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Looking good Robby!!! i await your full review would be nice to see some long down road night shots, and the beam pattern on the wall/garage. they don't look half bad either!

Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 765 Likes on 530 Posts

Hahaha, Busted!!!! Yeah, Robby's hooked, more threads from him to follow

Looks good Robby, looks bright on my screen anyway, bike is looking good

Old 02-10-2015, 11:08 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by STRES
Looking good Robby!!! i await your full review would be nice to see some long down road night shots, and the beam pattern on the wall/garage. they don't look half bad either!
I'll try to get some shots when I do the outside adjustment. I asked if I should adjust per shop manual but everybody tells me with the LED's to simply go outside with a wrench and set as I see fit.

The beam against the wall is kind of interesting since I marked up my wall last week when I installed the fairing and did prelim adjustment on the old headlight;

Whereas the old one I could definitely affix the "hot" part of the beam on my wall marks, this one just seems to illuminate overall with no real beam of any kind that I could discern (during daytime though). Still I'll try to get some shots tonight or tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by STRES
Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Hahaha, Busted!!!! Yeah, Robby's hooked, more threads from him to follow

Looks good Robby, looks bright on my screen anyway, bike is looking good
Yup pretty bright!

Stres, I didn't get a chance to align the light against the garage door or my wall marks but here are a couple of quick ones taken from roughly 50 ft from back wall or 25 feet from car.

Dark outside!

Quick Reply: New LED Headlight