Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping bulbs to LED

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy the bulbs first and try them before worrying about equalization. I have LED taillight/brakelight and LED rear turns and have not had to equalize anything on my 2004.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Mars47
Road Captain

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Racqueteer9
Buy the bulbs first and try them before worrying about equalization. I have LED taillight/brakelight and LED rear turns and have not had to equalize anything on my 2004.
I was thinking this. I dont have front signals, so I dont know why it would matter if it fast-blinked. It'd be the same thing, only all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

I swapped in some bulbs I got from local auto parts store. I had the momentary fast flash then...no problems! I only did the rears though, don't know if this is why. I've been tossing around the idea of getting amber LEDs for the front. Maybe if it is not the CANBUS system there won't be problems? Maybe someone else can chime in here.
There is also the splice in resistors available at the same parts store, quite a bit cheaper than the units.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Mars47
Road Captain

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I swapped in some bulbs I got from local auto parts store. I had the momentary fast flash then...no problems! I only did the rears though, don't know if this is why. I've been tossing around the idea of getting amber LEDs for the front. Maybe if it is not the CANBUS system there won't be problems? Maybe someone else can chime in here.
There is also the splice in resistors available at the same parts store, quite a bit cheaper than the units.
Thats what I'm looking at right now. I'd like to save some budget for the headlight and possibly a nicer taillight. I got the bulbs ordered so we'll have to check it out.