Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 superglide forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:52 AM
jburtonpdx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 superglide forward controls

I am trying to decide between forward controls or just putting highway pegs on. My previous bike has highway pegs and I loved them, a place to rest when I am out and going. Forward controls would be nice also though.

My thoughts are the following -

Would forward controls void the warranty? If I do it or if the dealership does it?

If it does not void the warranty and I am able to do this myself, how complicated? It does not look very complicated, dont think I have to remove the primary or anything like that. What has been your experience?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: 06 superglide forward controls

FWD controls are more comfortable than mid controls for most people. It will not effect your warrantee at all even if you do it yourself. It's not a hard installation and instructions come with it to show you how.

Do it yourself, you'll learn about your bike.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
bajag2
Intermediate

I installed them on my 05. I'm a newbie and installed it myself with no problems.

It is much more comfortable and I think it looks much better.
I also added the heel pegs to the setup.

ORIGINAL: jburtonpdx

I am trying to decide between forward controls or just putting highway pegs on. My previous bike has highway pegs and I loved them, a place to rest when I am out and going. Forward controls would be nice also though.

My thoughts are the following -

Would forward controls void the warranty? If I do it or if the dealership does it?

If it does not void the warranty and I am able to do this myself, how complicated? It does not look very complicated, dont think I have to remove the primary or anything like that. What has been your experience?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:56 AM
05FXD
Road Captain

I had put the forward controls on my 05 Dyna as soon as I got the bike . I went with the dyna wide glide controls from harley . Like TCSTD said they are not hard to install ,come with instructions ,and if you take your time you can have them installed in less then 30 minutes. They are much more comfortable over the stock mid controls .

Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

I put them on my 05 FXDI and it was easy.

From what I am hearing now is that you need to remove the primary to do FWD controls on the 06's.

Not so easy!!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 09:58 AM
iceburgh
Road Warrior

I installed them on my 05 FXDI when I got the bike, very simple to install if you take your time and are patient.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
ad2
Cruiser

The heel rest are extremely nice. Makes a world of difference on a long ride. They are also easy to install.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
dragsta
Banned

Go for the highway pegs. I don't like forward controls because you can't jump off your bike in a worse case scenario because you are in a reclined position all the time.

Yes, you can install forward controls yourself and NO it shouldn't void any warranty.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

ORIGINAL: iceburgh

I installed them on my 05 FXDI when I got the bike, very simple to install if you take your time and are patient.
It is appears to be a REALLY big job on the 06's.

Here is some info on the install:

The primary has to be removed so that a taller shift arm can be connected to the transmition. The kit comes with all the required seals and gaskets but removing the ENTIRE primary is a pretty big undertaking. I tried to figure a way around having to do this but in the end I realized it can't be avoided. I ended up taking the bike back to the dealer for the install and I'm still not sure what it's going to cost me. They're working that out but as an indicator, the book says 2 1/2 hours to replace the inner primary on an 06 Dyna. This one is going to hurt!!!!!

Here is a link for the 06's: Fwd Controls on an 2006

Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
DYGBOB
Stage III

I recently had the forward controls installed on my new Bobber. Dealer did it, and it was pretty involved. Installation requires removal of the primary chain case cover and also the primary chain case. Certainly not as simple as in previous models. Since this add-on was negotiated prior to delivery and the dealer was not aware of the extra work, they did not charge for the extra labor.

The new controls are extremely comfortable. I am very happy with it.

Quick Reply: 06 superglide forward controls