Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

end of the Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: end of the Dyna

ORIGINAL: jimsreddyna

this will be the last year for the Dyna.
Yea I heard from an absolutely undeniable source that all motorcycles will be discontinued next year.........
I cant believe I read some of these threads,, and yet I reply as well.....

Old 04-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Tusk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmm, dunno, anythings possible.............kinda think maybe a phase out of couple dyna models, not the whole line...........................never know, business is business and if dyna line not making money.................well, you know !!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

As long as my two wheels roll the Dyna will never die...............you hear me?.................Never!!!!!!!!!!

Uhhhh, man I hate to see any Dyna get hacked, even if only for a while.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

F' it, I won't be in the market for a new bike for atleast 4 more years. Bottom line no one knows anything until the dealer show in the summer (june?).

Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2009, 127 Cu In water cooled WG with 130tq 125 HP. That is what my magic HD mirror told me when I asked it what will become of the WG.
Of course, maybe it was the 2 shots of White Lightnin' that told me that, who is to be sure.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:51 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have got to be kidding...like it or not, the future definitely lies with the VRod concept, if only because of pending legislation and tightening regulations. I don't like it, but I don't deny reality. We've all seen the future, and it ain't air-cooled. It's only a matter of time.
They've been saying this for ten years or more. Air cooled engineswill be around for quite some time. Heck, S&S just introducedtheir new air cooled X-wedge engine.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

H.D. can do what they want . but i will keep my dyna till the end of me.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Cav
ORIGINAL: grunt
The Dyna line will not be stopped. Too popular. They may drop a model or 2 (or even replace them), but not dump them. If that were the case the VRod line would go first.
You have got to be kidding...like it or not, the future definitely lies with the VRod concept, if only because of pending legislation and tightening regulations. I don't like it, but I don't deny reality. We've all seen the future, and it ain't air-cooled. It's only a matter of time.

...and that's coming from a guy who traded his Night Rod in after three months for his Dyna Custom.
The Revolution motor would move over to another line, and the VRod itself would die - If HD were into killing entire lines.The VRodsells far less than the others.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Bent Carhood
Advanced

I hope they discontinue all Dyna's. Image how much ours would be worth!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

not likely the dyna family will go away. HD needs a big twin that comes in on the low end of the price scale. The low end dynas start at around $12.5K. I'd guess they have done significant marketing and know they need a big twin at this price point. SB is not really a stretch from there, about $1200 more, and shares most parts. WG is a different beast and is priced $4.5K higher than the SG. This is a big step which puts it at a price that is common with a bunch of other HD models. I think the SB stole a bunch of WG sales over the past couple of years, and that could be a reason the WG MIGHT go away ...... but not the entire line.

Quick Reply: end of the Dyna