Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLT/FLH bags on my FLD

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015 | 10:11 PM
spiGini
|
Cruiser
Default FLT/FLH bags on my FLD

So ordered some bags off Ebay to see if I could make them work on my Switchback. Got them today and mounted them. They are on a slight angle due to not wanting the rear to stick out a crazy amount past my fender. Once I change my exhaust it won't be as noticeable. Here are some quick pics (sorry iphone and bike is filthy as well as the bags)

The following users liked this post:
CRR (03-26-2023)
Old 01-02-2015 | 10:20 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

That angle looks a little weird, is probably just me. Also looks like they're sitting too far back.

Old 01-03-2015 | 07:10 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Takes a little bag modifications to get everything to line up and look just right, trust me I know. You will love all the extra room. Also, nice thing is that you can use most or all of the Switchback hardware to mount it all up. I am sure Dyna_Bagger will chim in, he is working on the exact same project.

Old 01-03-2015 | 10:11 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

That looks cool. But I'd want to lift the back of the bags up. That would make the bottom of the bags line up with the exhaust. Also it'd make the front in better alignment with the exposed shocks. I guess it depends what look bothers you the most.

Old 01-03-2015 | 10:21 AM
Govno
Road Captain

I personally wouldn't have worried about how far they stuck out past the rear fender...
The angle of the bags to the rear shocks would bother me every time I looked at it....

Old 01-03-2015 | 10:23 AM
472viper
Road Warrior

Sometimes when your not sure it's best to just step back, crack a Bud or Miller Light (or both) and think it over. Looks like you got it covered.

Old 01-03-2015 | 09:43 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Takes a little bag modifications to get everything to line up and look just right, trust me I know. You will love all the extra room. Also, nice thing is that you can use most or all of the Switchback hardware to mount it all up. I am sure Dyna_Bagger will chim in, he is working on the exact same project.

That's right Mike, I will still have some tweaking to do once I get my wheels done and the bike back on the ground.

Your bags would be easy to move forward. I've read a post where a guy just took a heat gun and heated the coner by the shocks and used a 3" PVC pipe and pressed it in to form the pocket. That way you can still use your stock tail light bar.

Old 01-03-2015 | 10:26 PM
spiGini
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
That's right Mike, I will still have some tweaking to do once I get my wheels done and the bike back on the ground.

Your bags would be easy to move forward. I've read a post where a guy just took a heat gun and heated the coner by the shocks and used a 3" PVC pipe and pressed it in to form the pocket. That way you can still use your stock tail light bar.
That is a good idea. I might have to try that out. I currently have my stock bags on Ebay for sale so hopefully they sell for a good price and if so I'll get these perfectly set up and if I mess it up i'll just buy another set.

Old 01-04-2015 | 08:30 AM
TonyPep
Advanced
Default Fairing

spigini, his do you like the reckless fairing , any issues. I am thinking of getting one for my fatboy lo.

Where you from in NC?

Old 01-04-2015 | 08:41 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by 472viper
Sometimes when your not sure it's best to just step back, crack a Bud or Miller Light (or both) and think it over. Looks like you got it covered.
Yep ... Two bags, two beers !

Quick Reply: FLT/FLH bags on my FLD