Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLT/FLH bags on my FLD

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015 | 11:38 PM
spiGini
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TonyPep
spigini, his do you like the reckless fairing , any issues. I am thinking of getting one for my fatboy lo.

Where you from in NC?
Yea I really like it. Bought it off JP Cycles and came with more for less. Want to add an amp for low end bass but it is loud enough on the freeway that I don't NEED the amp just would like it.

And for the bags adjusted one to level it out more. Prob got it as level as I could without having to heat up the bag or do any crazy stuff.

Old 01-06-2015 | 06:15 AM
TonyPep
Advanced

Ok, thanks . I Just ordered mine so should have in a month in so. Where in NC are you from? I'm in the Cary/Apex area?

Old 01-06-2015 | 07:34 AM
Dun Roamin
Banned

You should have shown us how they are hung on ...

I think you should make the effort to lower them, move them forward, and align them with the exhaust.

One of the reasons for the move them forward is that at some point I am afraid you will back into a high kerb or some street furniture etc and damage the hardbags.

It looks like you should be able to rig up a bagger support from the pillion peg mounting point to support them in the same was as the Street Glides have, without the need for a crash bar.

I like the idea and good luck with it. As I mostly ride on my own, and in non-hiway environments (read in traffic and round curves) I've thought of all the advantages of moving to the lighter bike as a touring platform and think it is a good choice.

Old 01-06-2015 | 08:37 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Ok, thanks . I Just ordered mine so should have in a month in so. Where in NC are you from? I'm in the Cary/Apex area?
Crazy, I used to live in Morrisville, off of Davis Dr.

OP,
Here is a side shot of my setup. My bike is lowered in the rear so the bags look to slant down in the back, but you can see they are in line with the exhaust, which would run parallel with the ground at stock height.

Old 01-06-2015 | 01:03 PM
spiGini
|
Cruiser

In Greensboro. My family lives in Holy Springs/Apex/Cary area.

Originally Posted by Dun Roamin
You should have shown us how they are hung on ...

I think you should make the effort to lower them, move them forward, and align them with the exhaust.

One of the reasons for the move them forward is that at some point I am afraid you will back into a high kerb or some street furniture etc and damage the hardbags.

It looks like you should be able to rig up a bagger support from the pillion peg mounting point to support them in the same was as the Street Glides have, without the need for a crash bar.

I like the idea and good luck with it. As I mostly ride on my own, and in non-hiway environments (read in traffic and round curves) I've thought of all the advantages of moving to the lighter bike as a touring platform and think it is a good choice.
I plan on taking more pics but with work from 11-10pm my day is shot so on my next days off i'll post them. I just utilized the stock hardware from my original bags and the problem with that is when I completely level them out the upper mounting bracket doesn't work with the bags.

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Crazy, I used to live in Morrisville, off of Davis Dr.

OP,
Here is a side shot of my setup. My bike is lowered in the rear so the bags look to slant down in the back, but you can see they are in line with the exhaust, which would run parallel with the ground at stock height.

That looks really good. What mounting hardware did you use? Cyclevisions or?

Old 01-06-2015 | 01:45 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Picked up some Street Glide support brackets from eBay, cut the hole off that is use to hang it from the fender strut (to get raise it up about an inch and move it about an inch forward, this is personal preference). I drilled a hole in my strut and pressed in a threaded insert. Made a bracket that mounted to under the seat, kinda like what CV makes and made a bard to connect the seat bracket to the bag support (lots of trial and error to get alingment right. Then I bent a piece of flat stock to connect the rears together. I had to make my own mount oint for the front bag mount location.

The support bracket

The hole

The seat mount bracket

Mock up cross brace, change a little to fit under fender

This is the pocket on my saddle bag to fit around the shock during mock up.

Old 01-06-2015 | 01:47 PM
JRK5892
Banned

very nice -^

Old 01-06-2015 | 01:55 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
very nice -^
Thanks Joe, I'll tell ta, if it wasn't for this site, I don't know if any of this work would have been possible or accomplished. There is so much knowledge spread out here, its amazing, I do what I can to pay it forward.

Old 01-06-2015 | 11:48 PM
scottthegunman
Intermediate

Nice fabrication work Blue Angel, I'm impressed!

Old 01-07-2015 | 12:35 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

How badly do this bag's you folks are using mess up passenger seating? They appear to look like your ol lady's legs be setting on the lids. I have a set of 2014 bags fender and all off a street glide i was thinking of doing this with. I dont have the lids though so i could mold me a set of lower profile lids i guess.

Quick Reply: FLT/FLH bags on my FLD