Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

After I cut off the light tab I used two LED license plate bolts to illuminate the plate.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:36 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by greatbikegear
Love hearing that you guys are loving the STBMS kit.

Just so you know, if you are looking for the cleaner look that speedkills66 wanted, we do now have the STBMS-02, which removes that lower tab and comes with a lighted license plate frame.
Oh now you got the one I wanted....

Old 01-02-2015, 09:39 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Crustysalmon;13552667]I had this set-up. Got the idea off the gentleman here with the green street bob. It's a Harley softail relocation kit / stems- that was used on the rear fender piece that is standard here in Australia, but is available as a license plate relocation solution for you in the US.

Hey Crusty,
I noticed you used the single hole fillers, how well does that secure the bracket and keep it from moving?
Thanks.

Nice tank badges by the way.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Crustysalmon
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Not a big fan of the stock tank badges at all.

Those single hole infills are the ones the dealer put on with the detachable kit. To be honest, I didn't even notice that the ones provided with the GBG kit had two holes.

These are rock solid. No movement in the bracket at all so far. But now you've mentioned it, I may go back and install the two hole fillers.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:54 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by greatbikegear
Love hearing that you guys are loving the STBMS kit.

Just so you know, if you are looking for the cleaner look that speedkills66 wanted, we do now have the STBMS-02, which removes that lower tab and comes with a lighted license plate frame.
Not trying to high jack here, but is there just a license plate relocation kit, or 1 with a center brake light? My wife has an 11 WG that would be easier to mount bags with the plate somewhere else. I do like that LED brake light that mounts under the fender.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:53 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you considered trying a full fender from a super glide. It'll cost more than the options given above, but it looks better and slims up the rear of the bike. I feel like that bobber fender just makes it look like a dirtbike.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:06 PM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I prefer the look and style of the full-fender.

It just comes down to funds at this point. I'll piece one together with ebay/local Craigslist finds, but it's very low on the priority list. My FXDB is a commuter and setting it up for that take top-priority (in terms of money).

Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
greatbikegear
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Not trying to high jack here, but is there just a license plate relocation kit, or 1 with a center brake light? My wife has an 11 WG that would be easier to mount bags with the plate somewhere else. I do like that LED brake light that mounts under the fender.
We don't for the WG yet. We have a similar kit for the other Dyna models but the Wide Glide requires a different mounting bracket.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Initially I started looking for something to rid the tail lights and plate of their location since I wanted bags so I used this Custom Dynamics LED plate frame with all the lights in it.

Attached Thumbnails Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB-message_1410136846286.jpg   Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB-message_1414278354997.jpg   Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB-message_1414278294193.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 05:00 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NuckaMan
Yes, I prefer the look and style of the full-fender.

It just comes down to funds at this point. I'll piece one together with ebay/local Craigslist finds, but it's very low on the priority list. My FXDB is a commuter and setting it up for that take top-priority (in terms of money).
I gotcha bro i'm not exactly rolling in the dough myself BUT I was lucky enough to find a super glide rider who liked the bobber fender and was open to a trade. So If I was in your shoes i would choose an option thats not gonna permanently alter your fender, because you never know when an opportunity may come knocking.

Quick Reply: Need some tail-light/turn-signal setup inspiration for FXDB