Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone upgrade from the street bob to the fat bob????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why going from Street Bob to Fat Bob is an upgrade. For me the Street Bob is a much better looking bike.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Have not yet ridden one, but I keep hearing that Road Kings are plush & comfortable, but also handle like a Dyna (unlike any other touring bike).

All 'netspeak, but I'm gonna rent one in the spring to see what its all about.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by dupmaronew
Yeah the new bike is what is tempting me big time. That's why I'm going to go check out exactly what the details of the offer are and see how much longer I would be paying.

Does the difference in the front end lend to handiling? It's it a better handling bike / more comfortable ride?
The Fat Bob should be the best handling dyna with its 16" front wheel. Also, remember that handling and "ride" are two very different things. In cars, the best handling ones usually have the worst ride. Bikes too, but Harleys have room for improvement in both of those things at the same time.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:45 PM
dupmaronew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Limey
Not sure why going from Street Bob to Fat Bob is an upgrade. For me the Street Bob is a much better looking bike.
Not saying so much an upgrade. I love my SB. I was just wondering if it was a better ride but it seems like everything is the same apart from controls.

Wasn't sure if the different front end made a huge difference or not though either.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:48 PM
dupmaronew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJeep
Have not yet ridden one, but I keep hearing that Road Kings are plush & comfortable, but also handle like a Dyna (unlike any other touring bike).

All 'netspeak, but I'm gonna rent one in the spring to see what its all about.
I love the road king but the deal is that the new bike has to be in the same family as the one you are trading in. Right now I have a 2012 street bob. I loved the bike when I got it. My back issues are the big thing. I know I can change the controls to suit me but a new 2015 depending on what the details of the deal are is a pretty tempting offer.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:14 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 2 centrally herniated disc in lower back , I can not do apes they kill my back , and forwards actually make you ride more on you tail bone hurting your back . I hate the look of the sundowner seat but boy did it help my back . for me I like 8 inch tall t bars with 33 inch wide bars and floor boards and sundowner seat

Old 01-01-2015, 04:29 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

i would say go to the dealer and get the info that you need on the trade-in etc. and while you are there try a few bikes out and pay attention to the bar's position and seat style while taking into consideration the location of the controls, do your research and come to an informed decision on your own there are so many factors that you can change to fit the SB to your needs but hey i like new and shiny too!!! good luck!

Old 01-01-2015, 04:43 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Above post is bang on.
You haven't mentioned your height and if current SB has forwards or mids. If the deal requires staying in same family and the urge (or deal) just seems to good to pass up make sure you try the Lowrider as well as the fat boy. Adjustable bars, adjustable back rest, and slightly forward mids (2 inches further than stock mids), might make it a nice fitting bike should you decide to go that route.

Good luck!

Old 01-01-2015, 05:14 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

U need to upgrade your current bike. Buying a new one isn't gonna fix your back.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Ricketts
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I'd try new bars, and/or seat for your current bike. Unless you really are just wanting a new bike.

Originally Posted by Limey
My thoughts exactly when I saw thread title.

Last edited by Ricketts; 01-01-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade from the street bob to the fat bob????