Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rechargeable speakers for the HD 1/4 fairing

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 10:42 AM
sigtau150
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rechargeable speakers for the HD 1/4 fairing

I was thinking of picking up some rechargeable speakers to stick in my HD 1/4 fairing and was wondering if anyone else has done this?

The ideal speaker would also be Bluetooth enabled and waterproof, but as long as they are rechargeable, I am fine with that. I don't always have the fairing on and don't want to have wires hanging around when the fairing is off. Any thoughts?

Also, how powerful should the speakers be?

Last edited by sigtau150; 12-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:58 PM
4_stroke
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem with rechargable speakers is that they usualy have a low power output due to battery life issues. If you are going that route you may as well have a bluetooth headset.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:32 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 4_stroke
The problem with rechargable speakers is that they usualy have a low power output due to battery life issues. If you are going that route you may as well have a bluetooth headset.

Ahhhhhh, I didn't know that about the rechargeable ones. I was also thinking of just going this route, so that I could power the speakers and my phone at the same time, but not sure of any speakers that I could power to a USB port.

Amazon.com: Dual Port Weatherproof Power Socket USB Charger 2.1 Amps to SAE - 24 Inches: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Dual Port Weatherproof Power Socket USB Charger 2.1 Amps to SAE - 24 Inches: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 12-22-2014, 04:52 PM
4_stroke
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another route is to package a small rechargable power pack that has a usb output as well. There are a few availavle. A lot of trouble to go to in order to save one connector but if that gives you a better install.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like a loser idea to me, it's not going to be reliable, probably not loud enough and the speakers will probably break from the vibration, and How would you mount it? andit's definitely not going to be waterproof enough to withstand 60 mph rain.

You're much better off getting a real 12 volt motorcycle system or using a Bluetooth helmet or ear buds if you can tolerate them.

I must say though, listening to music while riding is awesome. I have a Bluetooth helmet I commute with, I have a UClear system, it's okay, would be nice if it was a bit louder, but it's among the best on the market and it does work.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 12-22-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
sounds like a loser idea to me, it's not going to be reliable, probably not loud enough and the speakers will probably break from the vibration, and How would you mount it? andit's definitely not going to be waterproof enough to withstand 60 mph rain.

You're much better off getting a real 12 volt motorcycle system or using a Bluetooth helmet or ear buds if you can tolerate them.

I must say though, listening to music while riding is awesome. I have a Bluetooth helmet I commute with, I have a UClear system, it's okay, would be nice if it was a bit louder, but it's among the best on the market and it does work.

I hear ya. My idea is falling apart the more and more I research some of these ideas. I am starting to lean towards some of the weatherproof speaker sets with the built in AMP like Kuryakyn and other marine grade speaker sets or ones with the external amp like the unique cycles speaker sets.

Still want to be able to have a quick detach usb type connection to the power source, like the one I listed in a post above, since I want to be able to take off the fairing from time to time easily.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep up updated .. i am looking abit into getting some sounds on my fxdb aswell!

Old 12-23-2014, 09:37 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

I tried the bluetooth rechargeable speakers idea on my K1200GT. Don't waste your time. Sound is good, sitting still, but once you are rolling they do not have the amps to provide sound to hear over wind, road noise, helmet, etc. And on a long trip the batteries die.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:31 AM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz
Keep up updated .. i am looking abit into getting some sounds on my fxdb aswell!

Will do.

Originally Posted by pab3rd
I tried the bluetooth rechargeable speakers idea on my K1200GT. Don't waste your time. Sound is good, sitting still, but once you are rolling they do not have the amps to provide sound to hear over wind, road noise, helmet, etc. And on a long trip the batteries die.

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of after hearing from a few ppl and reading more on the specs of some of the rechargeable ones. How powerful were the ones you tried? I found some speakers with a built in amp that were 50 watt each and some with an external amp that were 100 and 150 watt.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What about that boss Mc 600 audio system? Considered that?

Its cheap on eBay and amazone

Quick Reply: rechargeable speakers for the HD 1/4 fairing