Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I installed a chrome EFI coil cover. Somehow an easy job turns into a royal pain. I couldn't find the thread locker. Harleys do pulse/vibrate and they need thread locker on just about everything, otherwise parts might start falling off. Added a chrome seat tab too (part that holds the seat in place on top of the rear fender).

Old 06-23-2018, 08:11 AM
Mattf748
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Installed front fork boots and CVO Calipers.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:01 PM
Dyna_Swede
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

New front tire, feels good (and safe)...

Old 06-23-2018, 05:17 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Dropped off the rotor carriers to get ceramic coated, and picked my rear shock mounts after being coated. The coating and ARP hardware really looks a lot better than the stock stuff. Took the new wheels to get tires mounted. Should have those back Monday.

My chain also came in. Should be all together in a week or so. I hope...

Old 06-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Did a number of things over the last three days. Installed a monotube cartridge fork kit, flash2pass door opener and last, but not least, a 30t trans pulley and a 68t rear wheel pulley. All three of these upgrades should have been done a long time ago. Bike runs amazing, rides and handles more like it should have from the factory and it's going to be really nice to lose the remote for the shop door.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:53 AM
SixDD
Banned

This morning I installed the Hammerhead Designs Shift Lever. There are things I just did not like about the one that Was on there. I sat on the bike and I can tell I'm going to like this one, possibly a lot!

I put some medium strength locktite on the screw, but could not get my old beam type torque wrench on it, so I broke out the highly calibrated torque wrench I have...my hand. I know someone's gonna find that hilarious, lol!

Also, I love how easy it is to turn the bike around in this tiny shop, while the bike is on the lift. It was about a 12 point turn before.

The following users liked this post:
Virginian (07-03-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 12:44 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by timberwolfz28
Freedom Performance 2 into 1 stepped header with turnout. Here's a vid of how it sounds NOT echoing off the dyno room walls. This was before tuning, so it wasn't running quite as good as it is now. You still get the picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GDrGBSXNw
I want one!! Thats a sweet sound!

gotta hit Google to find somewhere in EU that sells them.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:03 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

I started finishing by handlebar swap (if it makes sense to start finishing something). Earlier this year I switched from the OEM FXDX bar to a Flanders Cafe bar (thanks to Nemosengineer for the inspiration), which sits a few inches lower. Throttle cables, upper brake line, and clutch cable all were kind of functional, but definitely too long. Wanting everything to match, I chose all of the above from Magnum Shielding in the "Black Pearl" finish. Since I was working on the hand control area, I pulled out a new set of Biltwell Torker grips that were already in my garage, and the Oberon levers that I ordered over the winter. I didn't finish due to a late start and hot humid weather, but at least it's underway...

Old grip and lever (I haven't touched the clutch side yet):

New grip and lever (and a completely lucky mirror/tshirt shot):

I'll get to the brake line one night this week, but probably won't touch the clutch side until Sunday. I'm changing friction plates as well, so I thought I would do that and the cable all together.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 06:15 PM
SixDD
Banned

Went out to the shop to check on something. I didn't realise it when I ordered the small storage bag, but the clamp for it fits perfectly on the large diameter bars. So I am going to install it on the top bar of the handlebar, facing me. I like this idea better than attaching it to the fusebox cover somehow. probably all the storage I need for my jaunts around the lowcountry.

My bars are these...

Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts
Thumbs up

Rode most of the day today with my dad. Left at around 10am and turned out to be a very warm day, around 98 degrees. I wanted to put some miles on the new Saddlemen seat and both of us to get used to wearing our HJC modular helmets with the Sena bluetooth units. Was curious to see how much distance these bluetooth units would be able to maintain contact with each other, I'm guessing about a 1/4 mile or less from what we experienced today on straight sections of highway. All in all, everything worked great. Very pleased with these purchases.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?