Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Would it be foolish of me to get a somewhat close 2-into-1 map put on the PC3 even if I don't have the exact setup they call for? Or should I wait until I can do it exactly?
Won't hurt to use a map that's close to what you have already installed. There's no way for them to have a map for every setup possible. Load up a close map and if you feel it doesn't run right, try a different map.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Won't hurt to use a map that's close to what you have already installed. There's no way for them to have a map for every setup possible. Load up a close map and if you feel it doesn't run right, try a different map.
Haha that's what I thought too, but people are so into this stuff that they make it seem like you gotta get it dyno tuned or you're making a huge mistake.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:39 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Haha that's what I thought too, but people are so into this stuff that they make it seem like you gotta get it dyno tuned or you're making a huge mistake.
Sure, some people really want to micromanage and squeeze every last tq/hp number out of the motor, and lie awake at night wondering if they really got them all. I'd just load up a close enough tune and call it good unless the bike runs horribly.

The following users liked this post:
Gearhead88 (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

I installed the Memphis Shades headlamp relocate kit. I wanted the light to be flush in the fairing. While there, I swapped out the chrome ring around the light with a black one. To be honest, it would have been helpful to have instructions because the mt. block has multiple holes that you have figure out which combo put the light in the correct position. Anyway, looks better. The bad news is that there’s now a gap around the light that I don’t like the look of. So now I have to find something to stuff around the light bucket on the inside of the fairing.
Before:

After:

Old 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Sure, some people really want to micromanage and squeeze every last tq/hp number out of the motor, and lie awake at night wondering if they really got them all. I'd just load up a close enough tune and call it good unless the bike runs horribly.
Haha perfect. Was starting to wonder if I should have even bought these pipes haha. thanks

Old 02-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lifestarts@40
I installed the Memphis Shades headlamp relocate kit. I wanted the light to be flush in the fairing. While there, I swapped out the chrome ring around the light with a black one. To be honest, it would have been helpful to have instructions because the mt. block has multiple holes that you have figure out which combo put the light in the correct position. Anyway, looks better. The bad news is that there’s now a gap around the light that I don’t like the look of. So now I have to find something to stuff around the light bucket on the inside of the fairing.

Looks so much better! I have wanted to do the same thing to mine for the while, now I gotta pull the trigger. Thanks for the inspiration.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Deleted Double post.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:44 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Haha perfect. Was starting to wonder if I should have even bought these pipes haha. thanks
The FLD I just bought came completely stock, and for once, think I'm going to leave it that way. Decided that if it gets me down the road, I will be a happy rider, and won't worry about where the money is coming from for the next MOD. I do love reading what others are doing though, "Just In Case.".

Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifestarts@40
Before:

After:

One trip to Blow's and problem solved. I bought a roll of expandable waterproof foam stripping. Pulled the fairing, put a strip on the inside of the fairing's bucket that goes around the light. It makes putting the fairing on a little more tricky, but once slipped over the light it makes a tight seal. So not only does it look better, it will block air and water from passing through the headlight area.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Just installed my red beard leather (bought through lucky daves) slim t bar bag.

Super high quality! Highly reccomended!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?