Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Edsal
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spray Paint

Originally Posted by MAJ Ethanolic
It's funny, of all the thousands I've spent on upgrades, that little $20 can of spray paint to get rid of the chrome console had one of the biggest effects on my riding experience. The reflection from the console was really bothersome, and I didn't fully appreciate just how annoying it was until blacking it out.

That's cool. I had mine painted when I bought it, along with the tanks custom job. I think it came out really nice. Only glare I have now comes from the top tree. I've wanted to have them both PC'd but I can't afford that right now. I'm wondering if would be worth trying to spray it myself. Have you or anyone you know tried that?

Old 07-26-2015, 09:46 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,395 Likes on 2,027 Posts

Edsal, try it with plasti-dip. Then if you don't like it or mess it up you can just peel it off.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Edsal
Advanced
Default Tti

Originally Posted by 3L3C7R0
Removed baffles and cat. Installed tti. Runs cooler and sounds better.

Any issues with performance? I want to do the same thing but my concern is losing power.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Edsal
Advanced

Originally Posted by perki48
Edsal, try it with plasti-dip. Then if you don't like it or mess it up you can just peel it off.
Huh! Never heard of the stuff. Cool. Is that something I just pick up at Home Depot or do I have to go to a paint store?

Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,395 Likes on 2,027 Posts

It is used for lots of stuff, people are even doing whole cars and bikes with it. Yes pic it up at Home depot. My dash is done with it and so far so good. What I like about it is you can apply it without messing up0 your chrome and remove it later with no damage.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...r-work-006.jpg

Old 07-26-2015, 10:18 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Edsal
That's cool. I had mine painted when I bought it, along with the tanks custom job. I think it came out really nice. Only glare I have now comes from the top tree. I've wanted to have them both PC'd but I can't afford that right now. I'm wondering if would be worth trying to spray it myself. Have you or anyone you know tried that?
I'm going to have the wheels/trees powder coated in a few weeks (along with the valve covers). Today I got the rattle can out and took care of the brake/shifter lever:

Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 755 Likes on 521 Posts

I'm going to have the wheels/trees powder coated in a few weeks (along with the valve covers). Today I got the rattle can out and took care of the brake/shifter lever:...
That spray paint just doesn't have the durability of PC, you might want to consider PC those parts at the same time.

Kick stand and tranny dipstick take well to PC too

Old 07-26-2015, 10:55 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
That spray paint just doesn't have the durability of PC, you might want to consider PC those parts at the same time.

Kick stand and tranny dipstick take well to PC too
Yup, that's the plan. I just happened to have some left over spray paint from doing the console and decided, what the hell. That giant, chrome brake pedal was killing me to look at. Planning to powder coat pretty much everything.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:32 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,568 Likes on 677 Posts

Full detail Saturday morning and Went to the local dealership's "million dollar" bike show... placed third in dyna class. Not many bikes in the dyna class, but I was edged out by a nitrous fed dyna. My cousin who rode along with me entered in metric sports class he won! Not many bikes there either, but his was probably about the only one that hadn't had rattle can repairs in that class. But lots of other cool bikes, knuckles heads, panheads, some custom stuff!

Attachment 524964

Attachment 524965

Attachment 524966

Attachment 524967

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Edsal
Advanced

I'm going to have the wheels/trees powder coated in a few weeks (along with the valve covers). Today I got the rattle can out and took care of the brake/shifter lever:

Awesome! You guys just keep giving me ideas!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?