Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

You missed a spot!

Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
You missed a spot!
hey, you think that the motogadget sureshift requires a breakout box? https://motogadget.com/shop/de/sures..._from_store=en

Last edited by cvaria; 12-13-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
hey, you think that the motogadget sureshift requires a breakout box? https://motogadget.com/shop/de/sures..._from_store=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-d64qb9dp8
I never looked into the sureshift but if you email Revival Cycle tech (or even check their tech/install/review videos), I'm certain they will be able to help. They've helped me a fair amount.

https://revivalcycles.com/

ETA:
After looking at the instructions, I'd say no. It just needs spliced into the neutral, tach, and speed signal wires (plus power/ground) and then programmed. Specs look compatible with Harley without any additional hardware.

https://motogadget.com/shop/media/do...ual_en_3.1.pdf

Programming the m-gadget gauges can be a bit fiddly but after a couple tries it makes sense.

Last edited by cggorman; 12-13-2017 at 11:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cvaria (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:58 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 17,183 Likes on 6,825 Posts

Originally Posted by shibbby911
Full fender and powder coated wheels
I like it. Nice job!

Old 12-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Found this little gem when i was cleaning her.

and of course the 2 nearest dealers had no stock of the bolt so I was forced to ride my non Harley for three days until this came in.

I wisely grabbed 2.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (12-14-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Best time for inspections is when you're cleaning!

Old 12-15-2017, 10:41 AM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Derby cover - scratched on the inside

Pics to follow Saturday when I get back home. Need some direction on derby cover that has scratches on the inside - yes I found small metal pieces on drain plug too.

Background: completely stock 08 FXDL bought about 6 months ago with 5100+ miles. Right at 8000 now. Guy that sold it to me said he just had the fluids changed and battery replaced the prior year. Over the past month I've changed engine and tranny. About 300 miles later I decide to change the primary fluid. Yep I know I should have done at the same time...or changed ALL 3 when I first got her.

Pulled primary drain plug and noticed 4 things - 1) drain plug had 2 small pieces of metal a few MM in size but one large enough for me to take notice. When I pulled the derby cover, 2) I noticed some etching on the INSIDE of cover. 3) it did NOT appear there was enough fluid in primary - less than 32oz. (zero leaks detected) 4) I removed the o-ring on derby cover (fits in groove) and was going to reuse (against what manual says) but it appears to be larger as the little nubs on oring would NOT stay in the groove. Bought new oring kit at HD and will throw away old one. The new oring for derby cover looks exactly like the one I removed - but smaller. Surely the old one wouldn't increase in size?-not sure it has anything to do with the scratches...

Let me also say she has ran smooth since day one. Smooth shifting and I never have dumped the clutch. What could cause the scratches inside derby cover? Again, I'm new to HD so y'all be easy one me if this is "normal".

cvaria? cggorman? Ghost? Anyone with some direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Old 12-15-2017, 11:28 AM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got the bike a set of jugs

The bolt on part of the installation was easy, The wiring part, not so much. For Glides and such with extra accessory plugs, I am sure it is easy. For bikes without empty, unused ports, the battery connection route may well be the best option, so save yourself the agony and just go that route.

I'll ride this weekend to see how well it reduces heat while idling thru 46 minute long light changes (ok, maybe not quite that long, but it feels that way). Anything that reduces the manly bits rotisserie effect will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by TejasJeff
Pics to follow Saturday when I get back home. Need some direction on derby cover that has scratches on the inside - yes I found small metal pieces on drain plug too.

Background: completely stock 08 FXDL bought about 6 months ago with 5100+ miles. Right at 8000 now. Guy that sold it to me said he just had the fluids changed and battery replaced the prior year. Over the past month I've changed engine and tranny. About 300 miles later I decide to change the primary fluid. Yep I know I should have done at the same time...or changed ALL 3 when I first got her.

Pulled primary drain plug and noticed 4 things - 1) drain plug had 2 small pieces of metal a few MM in size but one large enough for me to take notice. When I pulled the derby cover, 2) I noticed some etching on the INSIDE of cover. 3) it did NOT appear there was enough fluid in primary - less than 32oz. (zero leaks detected) 4) I removed the o-ring on derby cover (fits in groove) and was going to reuse (against what manual says) but it appears to be larger as the little nubs on oring would NOT stay in the groove. Bought new oring kit at HD and will throw away old one. The new oring for derby cover looks exactly like the one I removed - but smaller. Surely the old one wouldn't increase in size?-not sure it has anything to do with the scratches...

Let me also say she has ran smooth since day one. Smooth shifting and I never have dumped the clutch. What could cause the scratches inside derby cover? Again, I'm new to HD so y'all be easy one me if this is "normal".

cvaria? cggorman? Ghost? Anyone with some direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Got a picture of the inside of the derby cover and the clutch hub with the cover off?

Old 12-15-2017, 11:40 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TejasJeff

Jeff
Might want to start a new thread.

First thoughts...1)the shape and location of the marks will be a strong indicator to the cause. 2)the derby shouldn't be magnetic material so the chips on the drain plug (magnetic plug, right?) Probably aren't from the derby.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?