Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:16 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

Built a set of risers for the Superglide. Made a big difference in the feel of the bike. More of a direct feel. I assume the older risers must of had some flex in them. These are made from solid stock with a brace in the middle.

Last edited by johnwesley; 12-08-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Finally got rid of the (IMO) terrible plate/signal/tail light combo that came on my bike and installed an LED tail light with integrated signals and layflat plate frame. Both from Speedkings.

After putting the LED tail light on I noticed my signals now blink 4 times normal and then speed up, and that the "key" light is now on on my dash when I'm riding. I'm sure there are other threads about this and solutions but I haven't had a chance to look yet. Heading to a Christmas party now so if anyone has any info and wants to save me the researching later I'd appreciate it!

The following users liked this post:
Northern Cowboy (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

power washed away the oil from the frame and the dirt/debris from the oil coolers on both bikes.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Finally got rid of the (IMO) terrible plate/signal/tail light combo that came on my bike and installed an LED tail light with integrated signals and layflat plate frame. Both from Speedkings.

After putting the LED tail light on I noticed my signals now blink 4 times normal and then speed up, and that the "key" light is now on on my dash when I'm riding. I'm sure there are other threads about this and solutions but I haven't had a chance to look yet. Heading to a Christmas party now so if anyone has any info and wants to save me the researching later I'd appreciate it!
Did you put the load equalizer on?

Old 12-09-2017, 05:04 AM
crzoomb
Tourer
Received 147 Likes on 79 Posts

Scored a Powervision locally for $30 and paid Fuelmoto $189 to unlock it. FM was running code cyber05 for extra 5% off

Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 AM
SC07Bobber
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Amid my outdoor build (cause I just moved and don't presently have a garage)....
Bike is tore down. Cam chest is open.

Its about to snow 6 inches today.

I wrapped cam chest and case with 3 layers of plastic wrap, a tarp and topped with a bike cover.

Hope its ok.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Nope. Did a bit of googling and it looks like that's the answer. One of my buddies has done LED on his whole bike and didn't need an equilizer. What would the difference be? Looks like there are equalizers up over $100 and much cheaper ones like this. . What's the difference?

Old 12-09-2017, 03:43 PM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

How sure are you that he didn't use one? Some kits include the equalizer, he might be forgetting if whatever he installed did. Or his lights just flash quickly all the time

Old 12-09-2017, 04:00 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 17,183 Likes on 6,825 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Originally Posted by Cubby89
Nope. Did a bit of googling and it looks like that's the answer. One of my buddies has done LED on his whole bike and didn't need an equilizer. What would the difference be? Looks like there are equalizers up over $100 and much cheaper ones like this. . What's the difference?
Originally Posted by SenorCollin
How sure are you that he didn't use one? Some kits include the equalizer, he might be forgetting if whatever he installed did. Or his lights just flash quickly all the time
If you have one of the newer bikes with canbus there's a synchronization procedure you go through to prevent hyperflashing with led signal lights:

https://www.customdynamics.com/media...US_TS_SYNC.pdf

Old 12-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by martinj
If you have one of the newer bikes with canbus there's a synchronization procedure you go through to prevent hyperflashing with led signal lights:

https://www.customdynamics.com/media...US_TS_SYNC.pdf

Thanks for clarifying. Looks like it doesn't help in my situation because my bike is an 07 but good info for the future.

I guess that creates my next question. Do you have to put a load equalizer on every LED bulb/unit you add? At some point I want to put the HD mirrors with turn signals, and possibly an LED headlight. It looks like it's something you add right at the light, but is there a way to cover the whole bike from issues moving forward?

EDIT: Found this tip. any reason not to try it? https://www.***********.com/electric...procedure.html Sorry cannot figure out how to get the link to work properly.

Last edited by Cubby89; 12-09-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?