Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
looks like one of the oil cooler hoses is "on the lam". probably shock apart. my oil level is low to so i guess it's been going on for a while. the dust and dirt from the dirt road i have to cross to get to civilization have caked up with oil so it wasn't dripping ... must also only be happening under load.
does not seem to be the cooler hoses, the tee on the jagg adapter seems to be the epicenter if this problem. took a bunch of picture and just stared at them trying ti make send out of whats happening. i could be wrong but, the problem is somewhere in this area.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

does not seem to be the cooler hoses, the tee on the jagg adapter seems to be the epicenter if this problem. took a bunch of picture and just stared at them trying ti make send out of whats happening. i could be wrong but, the problem is somewhere in this area.

Just in case anyone doesn't already know this trick for finding fluid leaks that are small and hard to find...

After a thorough cleaning of the entire area, spray the whole area with some aerosol foot powder--I prefer Tinactin.

The source of the leak will show up quickly upon running the motor, and the powder cleans up easily.

Good luck!

Shane

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 12:10 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shanebo
Just in case anyone doesn't already know this trick for finding fluid leaks that are small and hard to find...

After a thorough cleaning of the entire area, spray the whole area with some aerosol foot powder--I prefer Tinactin.

The source of the leak will show up quickly upon running the motor, and the powder cleans up easily.

Good luck!

Shane
i usually use spray deodornt

Old 12-02-2017, 12:18 AM
martinj
Club Member

Received 17,033 Likes on 6,775 Posts

Originally Posted by tnichols
Today I removed the passenger seat strap. What a Pain in the .....

You got to hold the seat up an inch or two and try to wrench the nut off. I think it took me an hour doing a 1/8 of a turn at a time. I just couldn't get my fat fingers in there.

I took it off because I think the bike looks a little bit better/cleaner without the strap. Also, my passenger never uses it and it makes the seat much easier to get off without that strap.

Stock seat? You just remove the screw that holds the seat to the fender, slide the seat back a bit to disengage the seat from under the tank, then slide the seat forward out of the strap. With that said, that strap is pretty worthless...

Next I will start looking for a replacement seat... Maybe a Mustang or Sundowner. I don't know yet.
Sundowner is a good bang for the buck. I have one that I swap onto my bike for two up riding and longer trips. To me, it looks a bit funny on a Dyna, but it feels a lot better than the stock seat. Be aware, it seems to sit the rider a bit forward and higher. Might just be me though....

Old 12-02-2017, 03:26 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

i usually use spray deodornt

apparantly this is common on jag coolers that the hardware supplied is subpar causing it to become undone. There was a video on ig where a guy was tracking his dyna only for his Adapter to bust off and spray oil all over his rear tire while goin in a sweeper causing him to crash and wreck his bike.

glad you caught this beforehand

Last edited by Dynaglide92; 12-02-2017 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:53 AM
tnichols
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
Stock seat? You just remove the screw that holds the seat to the fender, slide the seat back a bit to disengage the seat from under the tank, then slide the seat forward out of the strap. With that said, that strap is pretty worthless...

Thanks for that information. Too bad you weren't there when I was struggling for an hour trying to get that nut off with the seat in place.

Sundowner is a good bang for the buck. I have one that I swap onto my bike for two up riding and longer trips. To me, it looks a bit funny on a Dyna, but it feels a lot better than the stock seat. Be aware, it seems to sit the rider a bit forward and higher. Might just be me though....
I think I would like to sit a bit forward. Its a reach for me to get those forward controls. I missed a few shifts at first, but I moved the shift lever a little lower and that helped.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:54 AM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
apparantly this is common on jag coolers that the hardware supplied is subpar causing it to become undone. There was a video on ig where a guy was tracking his dyna only for his Adapter to bust off and spray oil all over his rear tire while goin in a sweeper causing him to crash and wreck his bike.

glad you caught this beforehand
Sheesh man that doesn’t sound good.

Good luck cvaria.

Edit: Later this morning I’m teaching my 8 yr young son how to take care of our Dyna. Check fluids and showing him how to use our new torque wrench. Changing oil/filter in truck after that. Then it’s a ride to go see some buffalo on a ranch down the road. Life is good I tell ya.

Last edited by TejasJeff; 12-02-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:19 AM
danocoyote
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I would like to sit a bit forward. Its a reach for me to get those forward controls. I missed a few shifts at first, but I moved the shift lever a little lower and that helped.
I put on the reduced reach conversion kit on my Dyna with forwards because I was in the same boat as you. Totally worth the money and time to put them on. BTW, I have a Sundowner seat as well and it is comfy. Can't speak to how it positions you from the stocker seat as it was on the bike when I bought it.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 280 Posts

New super reach solo seat and pillion, and ordered a Burley Slammer kit for her

Last edited by Tileman2692; 12-02-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Ed Ard
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Polished rotor and speed bleeders.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?