Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:45 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

An update on the CANbus decoder harness I sourced out to correct my LED headlight low beam out diagnostic light issue: it worked perfectly for a time but failed yesterday; lasted just under 1k miles.
Originally Posted by cggorman
I think I'd be cutting open that decoder to see what makes it tick.
i ran through quite a few led headlights out of bordum. The $25-50 wisamic threw no codes. Just throwing that out there. I'm not sure if you got the wisamic/sunpie. Pretty decent light too. You may be able ti find one for less than the decoder.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:49 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
I think I'd be cutting open that decoder to see what makes it tick.
You read my mind A cold rain today and tomorrow so I'll pull the harness out of the light bucket and see what's inside that critter. I thought I'd leave the bike in peace last night; I lost the decoder and the Battery Tender on the same day, I decided not to taunt the electrical god's of fate any further

Originally Posted by cvaria
i ran through quite a few led headlights out of bordum. The $25-50 wisamic threw no codes. Just throwing that out there. I'm not sure if you got the wisamic/sunpie. Pretty decent light too. You may be able ti find one for less than the decoder.

I do remember your threads on your LED headlight adventures. I did buy the Wisamic, this one:
Amazon Amazon

I do like the idea of an LED headlight, but this one has thrown that low beam out/diagnostic light from the moment it was installed. I don't know if it's just that the headlight is defective or if my bike's CANbus is hyper-sensitive; the decoder harness did work but now it either failed or my ride ate it

I'll most likely dig up your threads and order a new LED headlight over the winter and hopefully that solves that diagnostic light issue, I'd rather not cut the CANbus to add load to the low beam circuit, which is why I tried the harness. Luckily both the headlight and the decoder harness were not expensive so it's the trash for them.

Cvaria, you've been the tip of the spear on these LED's, what's looking like the best in quality to price right now? I suppose I could just buy another Wisamic and try again, it certainly did light up the night, or is there a better option out there?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I’m curious too because I’m about to buy an LED headlight. I don’t want to end up with a turd

Old 10-27-2017, 01:35 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Rideon now I'm looking forward to a before and after pictures too... That's a nice rim.. If you could get gold hardware for the trees that be SWEET...

Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

... what's looking like the best in quality to price right now?
Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
I’m curious too because I’m about to buy an LED headlight. I don’t want to end up with a turd
of the stuff i've been messing with:

the CD Trubeam/vision x vortex is still the most insane there is.

Under $100. The wisamic/sunpie/day faker is looking like the best value. The copy folks have mastered this design. @tincup: if it was still throwing codes for you. Maybe get the same light from amazon and try it again. It's returnable. Sounds like yours may have been evil from the outset.

Second best is the knock-off 8690m

lower is a h4 led in a stock bucket. I can add a video for that setup to the ones i did recently but, that always threw a code/red light on high beam.

I tested about 6 different ones so far and. Need to start a thread but, we can no longer edit threads after 4 hours so if i want to update the list i cant without permission from a mod. if i add updates later on, they will get lost in comments and be hard to find for someone just starting to look.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,689 Likes on 3,150 Posts

Lost a ferrule oiling the throttle cables (trip to the dealer and 10 bucks later it replaced - this was for 3 of them little bastards)

Ordered some more from JP - for a whole lot less

yay
And this bastard cost me some money (think ~ 3 bills TC and we'll see the results next summer )

Also rode in some sleet today - damn where did summer go

Ghost

TinCupChalice (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:04 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I have not done a damn thing. It's past the point of being pathetic that my Street Bob is not back on the road yet, but I have felt like **** for a while. I have so many plans for the SB. I hope I feel like working on it again soon. I think all I need is one more burst of motivation and I'll have it roadworthy again.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:10 PM
dieter621
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Great looking bike. Ride safe.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
of the stuff i've been messing with:

the CD Trubeam/vision x vortex is still the most insane there is.

Under $100. The wisamic/sunpie/day faker is looking like the best value. The copy folks have mastered this design. @tincup: if it was still throwing codes for you. Maybe get the same light from amazon and try it again. It's returnable. Sounds like yours may have been evil from the outset.

Second best is the knock-off 8690m

lower is a h4 led in a stock bucket. I can add a video for that setup to the ones i did recently but, that always threw a code/red light on high beam.

I tested about 6 different ones so far and. Need to start a thread but, we can no longer edit threads after 4 hours so if i want to update the list i cant without permission from a mod. if i add updates later on, they will get lost in comments and be hard to find for someone just starting to look.

I do believe you could be right about my LED just being a bad seed; it's not very expensive, I'll order another and see what's what. If the new one behaves the same we can blame my bike and look at more expensive alternatives to solve that annoying red diagnostic light

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
Lost a ferrule oiling the throttle cables (trip to the dealer and 10 bucks later it replaced - this was for 3 of them little bastards)

Ordered some more from JP - for a whole lot less

And this bastard cost me some money (think ~ 3 bills TC and we'll see the results next summer )

Also rode in some sleet today - damn where did summer go

Ghost

NICE! Confidence is very high I know exactly what it is

Summer is gone, my friend. I did 228 miles in 48° temperatures yesterday; today is colder and rain and they have spoken the 'snow' word. I'm not ready yet!!!!

Ghost_13 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Ed Ard
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I installed new rims and tires!

cvaria (10-28-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?