Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:58 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Northbound Southerner
Good find. I am looking for that exact exhaust myself...What do you want for that Bassani if I may ask?
Not a hundred percent sure yet...got a couple friends locally I'm going to offer it up to first...it's in great shape though, small nick on the muffler/endcap from when it fell over in my driveway (stupid drunk me...super small though you have to be close to it to even notice)

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
what model bassani were you running and what type of sound do you prefer on your scoot?
shopping around for a road rage but I'm still on the fence
I had this one (ignore the text in the link, will take you to the one I actually have):

http://www.bassanipipes.com/chromelo...-13111j-1.aspx

It's a great quality exhaust, looks great on the bike and a lot of people seem to like the sound, I'm just not a huge fan of the tone...I like a bit of a deeper, bass-ier tone, if that's even a word...the biggest thing I dislike about the sound of the bassani is the decel sound. Hard to describe but if I had to put it into words, I'd say it sounds like someone threw some marbles in the muffler and was shaking it...I'd check out videos on youtube before making a choice, or hear them in person if possible...

Last edited by DynaKid94; 10-25-2017 at 04:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cvaria (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 05:34 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Installed this Throttle lock (poor man's cruise control). Took a test ride - I really like this. Simple but does the job.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:10 PM
danocoyote
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New Apes!

Put on some Wild1 Chubby Outlawz 14" Apes the other day. It is quite a change from the stock bars, but in a good way. The bike handles so much differently and is definitely more comfortable.

The change required new cables and I had to extend my wiring - took me about 6-7 hours as this was my first venture in tackling such a task. For those of you that are wondering if this is tough or hard to do, it isn't that bad. Just take your time and read your service manual. It is a great way to get to know your bike!

I did have a hell of a time with the internal wiring, only because I had bought the bars used and the when the previous owner pulled the wiring out, the shrink wrap/plastic wiring cover was still inside the bars! I was attempting to fish a string and then a wire through so I could pull my wires through and felt something in it. Grabbed a flash light and saw the mess inside. Made a "fish hook" (for the lack of a better term) with some copper wire and I was able to fish out the old.

Previous:

After install:

Old 10-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Finished my basement mortar work yesterday and realized I will need to adjust my belt when I do the primary and pulley swap next weekend so ordered the belt tension tool and a 28 mm socket to adjust the belt when done.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:12 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Started my list of fall/winter projects.

Here is the starting point:

Here is the beginning of the tear Down:

Old suspension GONE!

Comparison of HD “Premium” suspension and the new ODC Monza EXTREMELY premium inverted front suspension! I’m really digging the blacked out DLC coating on the tubes:

Got it installed. That’s it for tonight. A whole lot more to come!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:07 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Old 10-26-2017, 09:16 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

RBDUB474, like the front end, and I see you have the three most important repair/replace items at your beck n call, WD40, hammer, and duct tape. The install will be a success, I'm sure. tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 10-26-2017 at 09:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
antlockyer (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:42 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Ordered a new Battery Tender; I guess all the years of continuous use finally took their toll. Plugged it in to the pigtail on the bike last night after a COLD day ride and nope, she's dead. Luckily I had a spare Tender but I don't need much of an excuse to order stuff for my ride eBay to the rescue!

An update on the CANbus decoder harness I sourced out to correct my LED headlight low beam out diagnostic light issue: it worked perfectly for a time but failed yesterday; lasted just under 1k miles.

Ah well, back to the drawing board, but desire walks on...

Old 10-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Knox_Dyna
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gave her a bath!!

Last edited by Knox_Dyna; 10-27-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
An update on the CANbus decoder harness I sourced out to correct my LED headlight low beam out diagnostic light issue: it worked perfectly for a time but failed yesterday; lasted just under 1k miles.

Ah well, back to the drawing board, but desire walks on...
I think I'd be cutting open that decoder to see what makes it tick.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?