Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 05:52 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdlx
What you see after you blow past a cop in the dark @ 103MPH. Goodcop, noticket. Wheew!

No ticket, wow lucky break!

Old 10-12-2017, 06:01 AM
BobbyH83
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Rebuilt the front master cylinder and lubed the seals and lever contact points. I'm out of brake fluid, so I'll run out tomorrow and get some so I can bench bleed it and hopefully fix the feel of the front brakes.

How tough was the rebuild? You follow a youtube video or just know how to do it? I can handle most any project I have just never done that one. Afraid it may be in my future though. Waiting to hear if it helped the feel.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:11 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

New LED headlight

Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Rebuilt the front master cylinder and lubed the seals and lever contact points. I'm out of brake fluid, so I'll run out tomorrow and get some so I can bench bleed it and hopefully fix the feel of the front brakes.
ziptie didnt help?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:25 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
ziptie didnt help?
No sir. I started with a vacuum bleed (mityvac pneumatic venturi vacuum) then tried the zip tie. If this doesn't work I'll rig up a pressure/reverse bleeder.

Originally Posted by BobbyH83
How tough was the rebuild? You follow a youtube video or just know how to do it? I can handle most any project I have just never done that one. Afraid it may be in my future though. Waiting to hear if it helped the feel.
Super simple. Pretty self explanatpry with a look at the exploded view in the FSM. I didn't think to take pics. It took maybe 20 minutes and most of that was the actual cleaning. Empty the reservoir, take off the lever, and pull out the guts. Manual says to use a pick to remove the outer wiper/weather seal. I just used pliers to pull the plunger and wiper both at once so there was no damage to the wiper. Other than the pliers, ya just need a nylon/brass pick (or super careful use of a steel one) to remove the inner seals, and a pair of snap ring pliers to remove the lever hinge pin. Also, some towels and denatured alcohol. Compressed air and cotton swabs help with cleaning the cylinder and reservoir, but aren't necessarily required.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Well, the front is bled again. Lever feels the same but the creak is gone, so the rebuild wasn't a total waste. I've got it zip tied now. Will wait and try it again tonight. If no improvement, I'll reverse bleed it.

Wish I knew what normal felt like for an early Fat Bob.

Nothing is flexing. No leaks. Brakes grab really good with almost no lever pull (~1/4" at the "ball" end). Linear lever pressure/effort increase from there until I'm not strong enough to pull anymore. I'm confident they'll lock up, but the lever just feels...bendy...like bending an aluminum rod.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:50 PM
BrianFXDWG
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

220 mile round trip to meet up with some good friends and do a little jumping at local drop zone and celebrate a buddy getting out of the military!
No Momentus miles but the longest trip I had taken on the bike yet!
Needless to say I understand the rear end stock seat pains now... lol
I hear the C&C sport at our calling my name! Lol

Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Kowitz
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After installing my quarter fairing, I had a large gap between my headlight and the fairing.(I chose to install the fairing as high on the forks as I could, in hopes of making it block as much wind as it could, and it seems to be working) so the gap was quite big.

I used some aluminum scrap at work and made a new headlight spacer. I need to pull it back off and clean up the front edge/round it off, just so it looks better. But overall I’m happy with the spacer. And there is no more gap.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Well, the front is bled again. Lever feels the same but the creak is gone, so the rebuild wasn't a total waste. I've got it zip tied now. Will wait and try it again tonight. If no improvement, I'll reverse bleed it.

Wish I knew what normal felt like for an early Fat Bob.

Nothing is flexing. No leaks. Brakes grab really good with almost no lever pull (~1/4" at the "ball" end). Linear lever pressure/effort increase from there until I'm not strong enough to pull anymore. I'm confident they'll lock up, but the lever just feels...bendy...like bending an aluminum rod.
weird for braided. Hopefully the ziptie got out the ghost bubble or whatever is happening in there. Denatured should have got the evil out.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:28 PM
dieter621
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

On my 2011 FXDC my gas light shines at about 130 and I usually go about another 50 before I fill up on Sunoco or Shell 93. I have gone once to 200 miles but was afraid of running out. Filling up to the full capacity of 5.5gal is hard with the new pumps shutting off. All in all I average about 40-44 mpg. After owning a boat that sucked gas I can't complain.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?