Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by awhiskeyFXDB
Buttoned up my stage 1 last night. Bassani road rage, Arlen ness big sucker, and fuel moto micro tuner

I am about to install the exact pipe, and air cleaner on my 15 SB. Is there a big difference in sound volume from that pipe over stock? I read several times that this is one of the quieter RR pipes on the market.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 AM
awhiskeyFXDB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I am about to install the exact pipe, and air cleaner on my 15 SB. Is there a big difference in sound volume from that pipe over stock? I read several times that this is one of the quieter RR pipes on the market.
There is huge difference in sound volume over stock. This may be the quieter of the RR's but still far from quiet. You will be pleased trust me. the low rumble at idle sounds like a well tuned muscle car, then the high rpm rips are enough to keep you smiling the whole time your right wrist is twisted!!

You will get some rasp when you decel but its kinda growing on me.

I'd recommend this pipe all day.

I could try to send you a sound clip via message but there are tons of youtube vids out there as well.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:48 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Added Joker LED turn signals and an LED brake light:

Old 07-15-2015, 08:59 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,478 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by MAJ Ethanolic
Added Joker LED turn signals and an LED brake light:
Those rear sigs look like Arlen Ness Power LEDs - good choice!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by awhiskeyFXDB
There is huge difference in sound volume over stock. This may be the quieter of the RR's but still far from quiet. You will be pleased trust me. the low rumble at idle sounds like a well tuned muscle car, then the high rpm rips are enough to keep you smiling the whole time your right wrist is twisted!!

You will get some rasp when you decel but its kinda growing on me.

I'd recommend this pipe all day.

I could try to send you a sound clip via message but there are tons of youtube vids out there as well.

This sound perfect! As I was shopping around, I did a lot of searching through YouTube for sound clips. I knew this would be anything but quiet, but I leave early in the morning, so I'd rather not **** off the neighborhood. I also prefer the look of the rear head pipe over some of the other RR options.

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to shave a few hours off of work today to get this pipe installed!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:43 AM
awhiskeyFXDB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
This sound perfect! As I was shopping around, I did a lot of searching through YouTube for sound clips. I knew this would be anything but quiet, but I leave early in the morning, so I'd rather not **** off the neighborhood. I also prefer the look of the rear head pipe over some of the other RR options.

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to shave a few hours off of work today to get this pipe installed!
You won't be dissapointed. I had the same concerns about early mornings but the idle is tame enough to be neighborly . I'd say its a great blend of tone and loudness without being obnoxiously loud. Loud enough to feel safe knowing other drivers know your there but not too loud.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:50 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser

Originally Posted by adm
Those rear sigs look like Arlen Ness Power LEDs - good choice!
Good eye! I forgot that I went with Arlen Ness. Joker was for the foot pegs.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:57 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Pulled upper tree for recoat, pegs getting texture, and rear shock caps getting done in black.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:50 PM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slyedog
Pulled upper tree for recoat, pegs getting texture, and rear shock caps getting done in black.

Planning to do my trees, headlight, console, shifter/brake lever, and valve covers here soon. Killing me that I can't do it immediately, but don't want to be without my bike for 1-2 weeks during riding season.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:37 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Started using the Dyna as a work commuter today. Had to get over my fear that it could be stolen from our public parking lot. It is insured, so why worry. .

I did reinstall the windshield, as there is just too much stuff being tossed around on the highways I have to travel... It was a more enjoyable trip than in the car, but I do miss the A/C, as its already in the upper 90's and humid. I'm sure many here are experiencing the same now, too. Gotta love summer. tomp dd50

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?