Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:25 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ceramic coated the bike last week.

GP Suspension cartridges & Amsoil fluids came in this week so I'll be installing them when time permits.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by STRES
Interesting, do you have a part number for the LED's? Or a type/style of LED?
I can grab all of the info for ya when I get home today. The pic makes the light look purple but it’s actually a bright blue

Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain

So the website is lighthouseleds.com. The lights that you’ll need are PLCC-2 SMD. They make all sorts of colors. You’ll need a minimum of 5 but I would order at least 10 because like me, you’ll probably ruin a few trying to solder them on

Old 09-28-2017, 09:44 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I cleaned an old filter as best I could then oiled it with the black oil.

clean and dry next to a new, unused filter

Freshly oiled

Old 09-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Time for a couple improvements... and another adventure

Just got back from a two week trip up to the Rockies so the SG needed a bath.... badly. Yesterday got it clean and today it was time for an oil change. Hope to leave on Monday {at 0200}, to try for my first Iron Butt so added a nice phone mount to the bars.

I can now securely mount{with power, my i-Phone 6+large screen model}, and enjoy tunes through the headphones as well as see my GPS app, weather app etc.. Took a couple of rides to check it out and everything works perfectly. Should help to pass some of the lonelier hours, hopefully no more than 16 - 18. Weather permitting and right now it looks pretty good, I should be home between 6 and 8 Monday night.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
So the website is lighthouseleds.com. The lights that you’ll need are PLCC-2 SMD. They make all sorts of colors. You’ll need a minimum of 5 but I would order at least 10 because like me, you’ll probably ruin a few trying to solder them on
Sweet thanks, any reason you didn't change the LCD backlight and the needle?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain

The needle bulbs are weird. Not the same as the ones that light up the mph. You’ll see when you crack it open. I didn’t want to mess with them just case. The LCD I totally forgot to do haha. Just make sure you take your time and have a steady hand. Oh and don’t forget the beer! It takes a little while. If you have any questions during the process, feel free to ask.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

The needle bulbs are weird. Not the same as the ones that light up the mph. You’ll see when you crack it open. I didn’t want to mess with them just case. The LCD I totally forgot to do haha. Just make sure you take your time and have a steady hand. Oh and don’t forget the beer! It takes a little while. If you have any questions during the process, feel free to ask.
awesome, ill take a look might be a nice winter MOD to do in my spare time,
i'll be fine on the soldering i work on avionic PCB's at work so we have the good stuff

Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Thanks for the part numbers. I ordered some as well to do my speedo and tach. I'll have to look at the other bulbs and see if I can find parts to do those as well. Fun winter project. Haven't used the soldering iron in a while.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Installed new shocks. Now its time to go to work, so test ride will have to wait.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?