Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:36 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,695 Likes on 3,086 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Are you saying to check that they are on tight or under them for leaks in the exhaust?
They have a tendency to loosen with heat cycles .

Old 09-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,014 Likes on 603 Posts

Man I feel for ya I've cut 300 / 400 series stainless for decades and found 303 my go to for any non magnetic / corrosion resistant requirements

Main benefit of 316 over 18-8 or 303 is the addition of moly.

303 has sulfur more sulfur and acts somewhat like a leaded cold roll

Originally Posted by cggorman
Starting turning out a custom neck bearing cover and my 3/8 boring bar can't cope with the 2.25 hole in 316 stainless...so I ordered a 5/8 bar. Work on hold til Sat. :/

Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'm barely a hobby machinist. A hack, really. I can design the **** outta stuff on CAD but have no machining education. We machined brass, copper, & aluminum at work, so my exposure to ferrous is minimal. I'll remember to seek out 303 (304?) in the future.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
I'm barely a hobby machinist. A hack, really. I can design the **** outta stuff on CAD but have no machining education. We machined brass, copper, & aluminum at work, so my exposure to ferrous is minimal. I'll remember to seek out 303 (304?) in the future.
inspiration and perspiration often beat education.

The following users liked this post:
USMC2010 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:29 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Fit my fork brace up after polishing and before sending it to the anodizer. I really like the lines of this brace and how it's not as bulky as a lot of them on the market. Too bad I'll be switching out to an ODC inverted front end soon.

Also watched my brother start machining his new air cleaners. It's going to incorporate a catch can and vent system. The catch can will be mounted to the back of this backing plate. More pictures of this to follow. Can't wait to replace my Heavy Breather with it.

And my new wheels, rotors and sprocket showed up. Well, they are the raw ingredients at least.

It's going to be a fun winter!!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

Looks like he likes MY idea!! Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Originally Posted by rbdub474
Fit my fork brace up after polishing and before sending it to the anodizer. I really like the lines of this brace and how it's not as bulky as a lot of them on the market. Too bad I'll be switching out to an ODC inverted front end soon.

Also watched my brother start machining his new air cleaners. It's going to incorporate a catch can and vent system. The catch can will be mounted to the back of this backing plate. More pictures of this to follow. Can't wait to replace my Heavy Breather with it.

And my new wheels, rotors and sprocket showed up. Well, they are the raw ingredients at least.

It's going to be a fun winter!!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 PM
rbdub474
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blue Bob
Looks like he likes MY idea!! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :
Don't know where you get that from. He's been making the same basic AC for 10 years or so now. It uses an open element and looks nothing like yours. Plus he's never seen yours., so I don't know how he imitated it. The only similarity is they are both designed to filter incoming air. Or are you the first person who ever thought to vent to atmosphere? Or the first person who figured out the great riddle and deciphered out how to attach a catch can to a piece of aluminum? Who did you imitate?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rbdub474
Don't know where you get that from. He's been making the same basic AC for 10 years or so now. It uses an open element and looks nothing like yours. Plus he's never seen yours., so I don't know how he imitated it. The only similarity is they are both designed to filter incoming air. Or are you the first person who ever thought to vent to atmosphere? Or the first person who figured out the great riddle and deciphered out how to attach a catch can to a piece of aluminum? Who did you imitate?

(Also watched my brother start machining his new air cleaners) 10 years?

Vent to atmosphere? Not even close

Never seen?

Please show me other pictures?

Old 09-23-2017, 12:16 AM
rbdub474
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blue Bob
(Also watched my brother start machining his new air cleaners) 10 years?

Vent to atmosphere? Not even close

Never seen?

Please show me other pictures?

New AC as in bigger diameter element.

Vent to atmosphere WTF are you even talking about?

Never seen? He has never looked at or gave a f u c k about your s h I t t y AC. What do you not understand? How many of your bike builds have been on the cover of Hot Bike, Easy Riders, Kopteri, Back Street Choppers, Cycle Source etc.?

Pictures of what? Shitty designed products? You seem to have that down.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:36 AM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

Man take your meds. Your acting like a child.

Yes your Brother is Very Smart And is building Great bikes and products

Bare Knuckle Choppers

Either show me pics of something close to my idea or give up. I'm wearing my Teflon suite.

Also you will never hear or read Me say mine is better than yours or that looks like sh$t. Every body should be able to express them self's without fear of ridicule.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?