Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Yup. Gotta take the caliper off to bleed it. No biggie.

Re: the missing rotor....I have had the wheel, caliper, rotor, and sprocket off and on a dozen times verifying different fits. I need to cut 3/8 off my sprocket bolts before I can apply loctite and final torque so that pic was just my last test fit of the last change to the sprocket. i'm hoping to get the bolts modified tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:39 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Yup. Gotta take the caliper off to bleed it. No biggie.

Re: the missing rotor....I have had the wheel, caliper, rotor, and sprocket off and on a dozen times verifying different fits. I need to cut 3/8 off my sprocket bolts before I can apply loctite and final torque so that pic was just my last test fit of the last change to the sprocket. i'm hoping to get the bolts modified tomorrow.

Looking good brother!!

Old 09-15-2017, 10:12 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Washed and detailed the bike this evening after riding to work all week like most weeks. While wiping down the exhaust I noticed scrape marks from leaning too far. Bassani road rage 3 and 13.5 rear shocks. Probably need to calm down a little when riding but don't see that happening lol.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:07 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,695 Likes on 3,086 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Finally got the last exhaust flange stud off. Hit it with some MAP gas and vice grips and it came right out. I got everything back on but I still have a chirping sound. I'll be looking for other exhaust leaks now.
Check exhaust system heat shields.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:16 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Washed it.... cus dirt.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:07 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Removed the Power Vision; I've had my fun auto tuning for the year, the bike is running strong

Installed the #70900475 digital speedo/tach; a big shout out to Anthony at BoardtrackerHD. Flawless transaction, a great price, and fast shipping; nice...

Grew tired of the 2/3rd's fogged up OEM speedometer junk; HD should be ashamed of themselves for not making this 70900475 gauge standard OEM on the Dyna. It's always nothing but taking the cheap route for HD.

As to the question of the CANbus non-ABS bikes and this gauge; the ABS light is out, there were no issues, and the new gauge is flawless and a true pleasure to look at. How I love an analog RPM needle Tucci, order it...

Took the marriage ride and locked it to the ECM, set the trip B to watch the countdown. It was a beautiful ceremony, and I did shed a tear

Home, dove back in the shower, and the grill is lit; a few folks are coming over for steaks and some of my homebrew.

I just love this bike, the changes over the last few months have truly enhanced her. And next up, the primary. This forum may be in a downward spiral, but we enthusiasts are still gonna enthuse, no matter come what may

A great day with my Dyna; upgrading and riding, and now, thank God, the Tiki Bar is open!

Edited to add: no, that is not a scratch on my fuel tank; I'd lose my nut over a scratch. It's just the lighting

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 09-16-2017 at 06:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
cvaria (09-16-2017), golferguy (09-18-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:52 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I won't be doing a lot to my Dyna besides trying my best to keep it running from here on out. Stopped at the local dealer today to pick up a new limited edition Guns and Roses HD shirt for my son and walked over for a good close look at the new HD bikes. Felt sick to my stomach afterwards and left. Old Dynas hopefully will live on for a LONG LONG time!!!! Even the new blacked out SGS and RGS turned me off.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:05 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

looks good. that's the once that can asdjust the led colors, yes?

looks like the speedo fuel and the old fuel guage do not agree. that's odd. edit... maybe it's the light. i see 4 bars and two are brighter than the others.

Last edited by cvaria; 09-16-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
looks good. that's the once that can asdjust the led colors, yes?

looks like the speedo fuel and the old fuel guage do not agree. that's odd. edit... maybe it's the light. i see 4 bars and two are brighter than the others.

Yea, it was just the lighting, it was hard to get a decent image of the LED's. My left tank side fuel gauge is way out of whack, and the +2" over Wide Glide tubes and 2" tank lift made it worse. I need to pull that sending unit and tweak it or buy some chrome covers to put over it and pretend it doesn't exist any longer. A fuel gauge on an HD; still can't get my mind wrapped around that nonsense.

The new gauge has a huge array of color options; I'm going to play with the settings and see what looks best. What looks good in the garage is one thing, but behind the polarized shields on my helmets is another thing completely. The yellow disappears, the white #600 setting on the new gauge is easily readable...

Old 09-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Check exhaust system heat shields.
Are you saying to check that they are on tight or under them for leaks in the exhaust?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?