Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 05:00 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Checked/torqued the triple trees pinch bolts to 35 ft. lbs. I'm slowly going back through everything. I don't want anything falling off the bike on its maiden voyage. Still waiting on that damn adapter tool so I can torque down the fork tube caps. And to think...all those years I never used a torque wrench for anything.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Baldy 48
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
Nah I'm good. I know how metric bikes ride. No need to test ride these just because they have HD on the gas tanks. I'd hack my junk off before I'd put it in the seat of one of those. I'm old school. Young, but as old school as someone can get. I live outside the norm. Not conform to it. That's what the Harley culture was founded upon. Now it's going to ****. It started as rebellious. Then catered to white collar weekend warriors that cared more about owning a Harley then they did riding it. Now it's all about falling in line with the rest of the major motorcycle companies. It's gone so far away from its roots and the true culture that it's pathetic.
What? Do you mean the square wheels and bicycle pedals? Or that 81 image? EZ rider?

Turn off your t.v., youngster. HD has always been cutting edge. Those baggers are better equipped than my living room.

lookie here...cutting edge and very expensive in their time. Hell, you can't buy these at all:

harley

Old 09-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

First off. I don't pay attention to the bullshit that's on tv about biker images. Second. I'm not young by any means. (Just about 40) Lastly. Those bikes that you posted are REAL Harleys. Not the piles of **** that just came out that we are talking about.

Originally Posted by Baldy 48
What? Do you mean the square wheels and bicycle pedals? Or that 81 image? EZ rider?

Turn off your t.v., youngster. HD has always been cutting edge. Those baggers are better equipped than my living room.

lookie here...cutting edge and very expensive in their time. Hell, you can't buy these at all:

harley

Old 09-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Yankee1
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

!/2 diesel piping/ thunderheader ( sounds awesome!) the bike that the header was on went down and broke, so the performance shop ( Austin TPMC) took both of them and welded. The baffles are still in and has great power

Old 09-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

I put a Krator fairing on mine. Is super solid and a great buy for the money...

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 09-11-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Baldy 48
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
First off. I don't pay attention to the bullshit that's on tv about biker images. Second. I'm not young by any means. (Just about 40) Lastly. Those bikes that you posted are REAL Harleys. Not the piles of **** that just came out that we are talking about.
Ya missed my point by about 100 miles, kiddo. Those pics are bikes that were cutting edge for their time. I can still hear the whines of the "hard core" who thought they were too expensive, too soft, and would never last.

That said, why would anyone have a windshield? Or bags? Or foot pads? Only RUBS have all that.

Here:

Old 09-11-2017, 06:53 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Began the search for the upper triple tree clamp for my 2009 FXDC. Mine has some scratches on it from my old fairing brackets and it drives me nuts seeing it like that. Anyone know where I can find one reasonably priced, let me know. I've already priced the OEM from HD and will go that route as a last resort. Once it's replaced, I am thinking about sanding it and polishing it (even though it may ruin it) just for kicks to see what it turns out like. Any thoughts or opinions about this?

Old 09-11-2017, 06:56 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Began the search for the upper triple tree clamp for my 2009 FXDC. Mine has some scratches on it from my old fairing brackets and it drives me nuts seeing it like that. Anyone know where I can find one reasonably priced, let me know. I've already priced the OEM from HD and will go that route as a last resort. Once it's replaced, I am thinking about sanding it and polishing it (even though it may ruin it) just for kicks to see what it turns out like. Any thoughts or opinions about this?
Sand and polish the scratched one. Good materials will run you about $50. 2 buffs (Osborn), 2 compounds (Jackson Lea), & a couple sheets of emery paper (maybe 320, 600, maybe 1500). That's assuming you already have a bench grinder to mount the buffs on. Otherwise, you'll also need a mandrel adapter for a drill.

Last edited by cggorman; 09-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:13 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bgreen790
I have a 2017 Low Rider S, which has a cafe fairing. I want a quick release windshield for long rides but cant figure out what would fit/ serve the purpose of deflecting the bugs etc. Any ideas? Do I have to remove the cafe fairing each time I want to put a low rider windshield on? Thanks for the help!
I have a 17 FXDLS. Memphis Shades Road Warrior with 11" shield. It does a decent job of breaking some of the bugs and wind, but really for long hauls I would want the 17" screen. They take 2 minutes to swap it to the fairing, and the quick disconnect setup is super easy once you get it adjusted right.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Put the OEM taillight back on(cracked the aftermarket lens when I backed into my truck's bumper).

rechecked the front axle, tightened the axle cap fasteners to 15 ft. lbs.

tightened fuel tank mounting bolts

+ I might order a pair of custom mounts for the oem blinkers

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?