Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 02:59 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
Many thanks for those pics. I've always heard those jacks work well, but never WHY they work well, so I was never sold on them. Pics being worth a thousand etc etc. now I understand it. I'm really tired of jerking around with my other jack, I think I'll need to get one of these.

I went to their website and they have about 6 or 8 models or options. What did you get?

Thanks again.

This is what I've got: http://www.jsjacks.com/motorcycle-lift/motorcycle-lift/

I didn't get the oil pan adapter or the T-bar handle. This lift is so easy to move with the bike on it the T-bar isn't needed at all; I may pick up the oil pan adapter eventually, when I decide I'm tired of rolling around on my garage floor doing fluid changes

This lift is all that; it's so well built and easy to use, I've done some rather outrageous things to my Wide Glide while she's sitting on it. I do use a strap when I pull the rear wheel, she'd be a bit nose heavy due to how the lift arms are positioned and +2" over Wide Glide front forks but for most anything else, I just jump right in. Solid and stable.

Check out the video on the J&S website; it really is that stable. I can neither confirm or deny the rumors that during long winter nights I've been known to go out to the garage, get out a step ladder, turn up 80's metal or Jimmy Buffet really loud and drink adult beverages while sitting on the bike

Originally Posted by ludville1
Same here. Like the close ups with the bike on the J&S stand. A lot of $$$, but appears to be a good investment. I see a J&S coming in the near future.
It is expensive; but the very first time I lifted the bike I completely forgot how much I paid for it; I always say the two smartest things I've bought for this '13 is a Power Vision and the J&S.

On day 1 when I realized how easy this lift was to use I started keeping my Wide Glide on it constantly when I'm not riding. So simple to use, it just takes me a few moments to position the lift, raise the bike, and move her against the wall. Taking her back down again is just as easy.

I know I used this image earlier, but it tells the tale; the J&S is a solid, well built piece of equipment. When you consider how expensive these bikes are, the price of a tier 1 lift isn't all that expensive.

That's my view in my garage....

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Tin, What are these 2 dimensions? thanks

The lift arm O.D. is 2", the I.D. between the two lift arms is 13"...

If you need any other measurements, shout out!

Old 08-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Here they are Wild 1 Chubby Drag bars 6 inch rise

http://www.shop.wild1inc.com/WO500-C...-BAR-WO500.htm

Side view of a bike with these bars.

Thanks. Those look good. Wish I had someone local so I could try a set. I have had apes on my bikes for as long as I can remember....

Old 08-06-2017, 03:52 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Think I'm going to temporarily take my tank lift off before my trip. Even though I know how much fuel I have left it's unsettling seeing that low fuel light come on in the middle of nowhere so early.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,580 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
This is what I've got: http://www.jsjacks.com/motorcycle-lift/motorcycle-lift/

I didn't get the oil pan adapter or the T-bar handle. This lift is so easy to move with the bike on it the T-bar isn't needed at all; I may pick up the oil pan adapter eventually, when I decide I'm tired of rolling around on my garage floor doing fluid changes

This lift is all that; it's so well built and easy to use, I've done some rather outrageous things to my Wide Glide while she's sitting on it. I do use a strap when I pull the rear wheel, she'd be a bit nose heavy due to how the lift arms are positioned and +2" over Wide Glide front forks but for most anything else, I just jump right in. Solid and stable.

Check out the video on the J&S website; it really is that stable. I can neither confirm or deny the rumors that during long winter nights I've been known to go out to the garage, get out a step ladder, turn up 80's metal or Jimmy Buffet really loud and drink adult beverages while sitting on the bike
Thanks very much for that. I think that's going to be my Christmas present this year.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 04:14 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I hooked up the throttle cable. I'm only using the pull cable. I couldn't route it the way I really wanted but it's working fine. The stock cable I'm using is a little too long. I may revisit the throttle cables at a later date. I put the fuel tank back on and started the bike. The front brake light /switch is not giving me any **** this time.

Last edited by SixDD; 08-06-2017 at 04:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 04:16 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I hooked up the throttle cable. I'm only using the pull cable. I couldnt route it the way I really wanted but it's working fine...time will tell. I put the fuel tank back on and started the bike.
Vroom! That always feels good, even if it's not ready to ride yet.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:26 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Vroom! That always feels good, even if it's not ready to ride yet.

I'm liking the way this new exhaust system sounds. I can't wait to give it a road test. I'm going to ride it out to Edisto Beach asap. I have a left blinker hitting the tank cap/fuel gauge but the blinker is pointed down/not adjusted correctly and I think it can be adjusted out of the way. Or move the lever clamp assembly up a tad too.

Always something...

back to the drawing board

Old 08-06-2017, 06:15 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Cleaned the chain with the new tool. Works pretty good. Took about 10 minutes and 1 liter of mineral spirits but I was being pretty aggressive with the pressure. Could probably do a routine cleaning with half that.

Not a spot of cleaner/schmutz on the frame, but it does kinda splatter around underneath from the box bouncing over links. (Ever take a **** while jumping rope?) It needs a longer drain tube. Doesn't bother me with my shitbox garage but I know some of you guys have some nice spaces.

I did "have to" clean the sprocket teeth by hand (rag around my finger) but, again, a more routine cleaning would be easier yet.

$30 well spent, I think.

The setup. I later moved the anchor cord to the axle spacer.
Gritty-*** schmutz

Last edited by cggorman; 08-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Installed rox pivoting risers to get a more comfortable position. Have since painted the unpainted part of the bars.
Installed plate and signal relocation kit from Great Bike Gear to make room for bags.
Installed $50 set of bags on mounts I fabricated.
Side view of newly installed bags.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 747 Likes on 514 Posts

Thanks for reminding me, I gotta floss tonight!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?