Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I installed the front brake caliper and torqued the mounting bolts to spec, then installed a chrome insert just to dress it up a little.
Is that an ARP bolt kit I see?

Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I have no idea. Just some chrome bolts I ordered a while back. I forget.

Originally Posted by nodak2222
Joined the forum and ordered a bunch of parts

Ahaaa!

Welcome!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-02-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Brsblls
Road Captain
Veteran: Army
Received 442 Likes on 218 Posts

Ordered the DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts to see if I can take the edge off the sound of these Mean Mothers from Supertrapp.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:52 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Tweaked the compression & rebound and added a quarter turn on the preload. Also threw in a pair of Phillips extreme silvers star bulbs or whatever their called. Brought the bars back about a half inch and put the brake pedal up one hole. What hole you ask?? Lol

whered this pedal/lever come from. i think i could use it to deal with the big *** filter issue. Nevermind, found it. Hammerhead.

Last edited by cvaria; 08-01-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:20 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Added my DK Customs 587 Intake and Breather system. Only bummer is they forgot to pack my catch can. So for temp, it has a hose running from under the intake.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Installed the front wheel and front fender.

Ordered a new lock washer for the big upper triple tree nut, ordered some chrome plastic hex bolt plugs for the triple tree pinch bolts. I hope I got the sizing right (I even broke out the digital caliper), and a set of chrome washer/beauty covers for the solid aluminum riser bushings.

Trying to think of something productive I can do to the bike today.

Man, I have the craving lately to go for a motorcycle ride bigtime. I know you guys know the feeling!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-02-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:48 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

After riding yesterday I dropped the primary fluid. Put the drain bolt back but left the derby cover off and put the Wide Glide on the J&S for the night.

Up early, as usual, this AM; took the bike off the lift and adjusted the clutch pack and clutch cable freeplay, refilled the primary with Spectro heavy duty primary chaincase oil, derby cover back on.

I've been using Mobil 1 10W-40 racing 4T in the primary and wanted to try the Spectro and compare it to the Mobil 1. With the warmer temperatures we've got right now the primary is a bit noisy in slow speed maneuvers; I wonder if the 4T is too light for higher temperatures. We shall see

SixDD, I did get your PM this morning about the Night Dragons. The Night Dragons are a more sport oriented tire with their composition and more rounded profile; a more rounded profile tire will be more sensitive to tire pressures. Too low of pressures will distort their profile more dramatically than would occur with a more squared off tire profile. That leads to handling issues and accelerated tire wear.

With more sport oriented rounded profile tires like Avon Cobras or Pirelli Night Dragons you should keep them at pressures that won't let their profiles distort, which means you'll run the pressures a bit higher than the typical squared off tire like a Scorcher.

On my Wide Glide with Night Dragons, the pressures I've found that work well on the 90/90-21 front are 39 - 41 PSI and on the 180/60-17 rear, 42 - 44 PSI.

Edited to add: F86 has found that similar tire pressures are working well with his Avon's...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 08-02-2017 at 05:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SixDD (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 05:57 AM
Brsblls
Road Captain

Handlebars were crooked, like hands are turning right a little when the wheel is straight. Threads on the forum suggested this is improper tightening of the risers and clamp. Consulted the service manual, loosened and re-tightened in the prescribed order. It is a lot better, but not perfect. Will repeat this when a friend is in the garage and can hold the bars in place better.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:01 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Brsblls
Handlebars were crooked, like hands are turning right a little when the wheel is straight. Threads on the forum suggested this is improper tightening of the risers and clamp. Consulted the service manual, loosened and re-tightened in the prescribed order. It is a lot better, but not perfect. Will repeat this when a friend is in the garage and can hold the bars in place better.

Replace the riser bushings while you're at it I prefer solid bushings but poly bushings are available inexpensively that will solve your issue. The rubber bushings degrade over time and distort, which may be why you couldn't get the bars perfectly aligned...

Old 08-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Brsblls
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Replace the riser bushings while you're at it I prefer solid bushings but poly bushings are available inexpensively that will solve your issue. The rubber bushings degrade over time and distort, which may be why you couldn't get the bars perfectly aligned...
Yes, thanks. Should have mentioned that in the post. I bought the Arlen Ness poly bushings with the recessed bolt heads. Used these in the install. Turns out the ones I replaced were the Harley Polyurethane riser bushings.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (08-02-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?