Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Calve
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dropped it off with Doc Weaver for a 103-107 rebuild and new exhaust. Beefing it up a bit.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I have two bikes. I'm not legally allowed to drive until August 23rd. I had two strokes(still recouperating) in February which involved seizures. Cant drive (or ride) for six months after last seizure according to SC law. Just killing time!

Edit: I have ridden my Kawasaki though recently. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.
Get well about those strokes and take care so you can keep riding

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I have two bikes. I'm not legally allowed to drive until August 23rd. I had two strokes(still recouperating) in February which involved seizures. Cant drive (or ride) for six months after last seizure according to SC law. Just killing time!

Edit: I have ridden my Kawasaki though recently. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.
Wow!!! I had what I believe to be two mini strokes last year shortly after having surgery on my Ulnar nerve in my elbow. Scary stuff!!!! My Ortho begged me to go see a neurologist but I never did. Been several months now and hopefully all is OK. You just never know

Old 07-24-2017, 09:21 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Wow!!! I had what I believe to be two mini strokes last year shortly after having surgery on my Ulnar nerve in my elbow. Scary stuff!!!! My Ortho begged me to go see a neurologist but I never did. Been several months now and hopefully all is OK. You just never know

Life throws some scary stuff at you sometimes. That was quite the experience, but they say I am lucky. It could have been much worse. I could have been paralyzed totally, partially paralyzed, all kinds of different things. It's been a eye opening experience that has forced me to take a look at how I take care of my health. I'm 48. Apparently, my blood pressure got so high it caused the tiny blood vessels in my brain to constrict which caused the supply of blood/oxygen to be compromised and that caused the strokes. It was a roller coaster ride of a week full of ambulance rides, ER visits, and a week long stay in the hospital, and lots of pills, shots, and tests.

When I got out of the hospital in February I was in pretty bad shape. I could barely talk, had trouble walking, balance, eating and swallowing. I was so weak I could hardly dress myself. It took me a long time to get enough strength back just to hold a motorcycle up, let alone ride one. The first time I got back on a bike I was really uncoordinated. I'm still not riding well. I'm not back 100% yet.

And let me tell you, when I got the bill for all this medical stuff, it was enough to give another stroke! LoL!

Today I ordered one of those little butane pencil torches for melting the shrink wrap when I get around to rewiring the bike's handlebar controls wiring to the bike wiring. I thought it would make a nice little tool. I like tool's. I haven't added a tool to the collection in a while.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-25-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:53 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Life throws some scary stuff at you sometimes. That was quite the experience, but they say I am lucky. It could have been much worse. I could have been paralyzed totally, partially paralyzed, all kinds of different things. It's been a eye opening experience that has forced me to take a look at how I take care of my health. I'm 48. Apparently, my blood pressure got so high it caused the tiny blood vessels in my brain to constrict which caused the supply of blood/oxygen to be compromised and that caused the strokes. It was a roller coaster ride of a week full of ambulance rides, ER visits, and a week long stay in the hospital, and lots of pills, shots, and tests.

When I got out of the hospital in February I was in pretty bad shape. I could barely talk, had trouble walking, balance, eating and swallowing. I was so weak I could hardly dress myself. It took me a long time to get enough strength back just to hold a motorcycle up, let alone ride one. The first time I got back on a bike I was really uncoordinated. I'm still not riding well. I'm not back 100% yet.

And let me tell you, when I got the bill for all this medical stuff, it was enough to give another stroke! LoL!
Praying you get a full recovery!!!! My left hand is still numb and partially paralyzed from my nerve damage and most likely healed as much as it's going to. At least I can ride again and riding takes the pain away!!!! My right side leg, arm, and face went numb and weak twice for just a few minutes. Could have been related to the drug combo I was on after surgery or could have been strokes. Guess I'll never know now unless the big one hits but I freaking hate Drs and just don't go until **** really needs fixin , plus our BCBS now sucks!!!! Thanks Obama

SixDD (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:06 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Praying you get a full recovery!!!!

back at yah!

I cleaned the front brake disc with rubbing alcohol and installed it with the new chrome screws, put some blue loctite on the screws and torqued screws to 24 ft. lbs.

Here are pictures, dunno why, just like adding pictures I guess.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-25-2017 at 11:49 AM.
tnriverluver (07-24-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 07:31 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser

New tyres. Michelin Commander II

Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by antlockyer
New tyres. Michelin Commander II
Very happy with mine so far! Very confidence inspiring on dry, have yet to test wet grip. About 4k on them and no real sign of wear. Rear Dunlop was shot at 4500.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:41 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser

My bike came stock with Michelin Scorcher 31 that I thought were awful in the wet but I got 14.5k miles out of the rear. It'll probably rain here some tommorow. I'll report back.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:34 AM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Years ago when I did machining I used a Mazak Mazatech H-800, it had 6 tables and we ran that beast 24/7, sure do miss the work.

I know I'll prob get some crap for this, but maybe your bother can work on an adjustable back rest for the rider that works with either a two up or solo seat.

The brace looks great, any plans to make a wider version for the Wide Glide or Fat Bob?
Weill, I talked to him again yesterday. Sounds like he received enough requests for Wide Glide forks, so he'll be in the process of making those also. I'll post an update once he gets them rolling.

The following 2 users liked this post by rbdub474:
golferguy (07-26-2017), SixDD (07-25-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?