Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:43 PM
GCJohnny
Intermediate
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is a video of the before and after pics and the install. The Riser kit came from DK Customs. It's a simple install if the cables/wiring have a little play. I'm really digging the higher hands....

Love the LePera seat with the diamond stitch. I have the same seat on my bob. I also installed a tank lift... I think it improves the lines of the dyna... if you install post pics...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:05 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I may do the tank lift. I never really thought about it.

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Going to do a front tank lift?
Lift the front of the tank? Or front and rear of the tank?

Nothing major today, installed the Todd's recessed headlight mount onto the headlight bucket, installed some chrome bolts on the front brake caliper, and cleaning various parts/hardware prior to reassembly.

Still waiting on parts-specifically the 2008 FXDF lower triple tree.

Originally Posted by GCJohnny
Love the LePera seat with the diamond stitch. I have the same seat on my bob. I also installed a tank lift... I think it improves the lines of the dyna... if you install post pics...

Originally the Lepera seat had the smooth cover because it was the only one I could buy that had the gel pad. The diamond stitch was not available with the gel pad. So I sent the seat off to Lepera and had them put a diamond stitch cover on it. I love the way it looks, but it's not the most comfortable seat in the world - but I'm getting used to it, or maybe the seat is conforming to the shape of my bum. I do need to lose some weight, and I am. That should help some - but nothing beats a nice wide seat for comfort.

Maybe with these new handlebars that I am about to install it will take some of my weight off the seat. With the ape hangers that are on it currently all my weight is on the seat.

Today I'm going to polish the front wheel hub just a little, nothing crazy. Here is the tool I am using, along with a good ole sock turned inside out. At this point, I'm just trying to find something to do. Killing time. I checked and the lower triple tree is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.

Here are the after pictures. Not sure if it was even worth the effort, but it looks a little better. Oh well, at least I made an attempt.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-24-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:12 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Here are the after pictures. Not sure if it was even worth the effort, but it looks a little better. Oh well, at least I made an attempt.

I wish there was an easy way to get to the inner part of the hub. I've had pretty good luck using the Honda Brite cleaner. It's similar to S100 but seems to be quite a bit stronger!! Skin does not like that stuff!

Old 07-24-2017, 09:13 AM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD

Tell me about that...that looks great - shiny is good! Are you polishing aluminum too? I ride an 08 FXDL and would love to polish all my aluminum but no idea what to do.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Joaquim Paris
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instaled a clock and a termometer.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Joaquim Paris

::: snip :::

Instaled a clock and a termometer.

Look's good! The bike is one time when I never want to know what time it is; I channel my inner Wyatt Welcome to the forum!

The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
blueangel73 (07-24-2017), Joaquim Paris (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:07 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

SixDD...you ever ride your bike ? lol...b.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:37 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by beanoboy
SixDD...you ever ride your bike ? lol...b.

I have two bikes. I'm not legally allowed to drive until August 23rd. I had two strokes(still recouperating) in February which involved seizures. Cant drive (or ride) for six months after last seizure according to SC law. Just killing time!

Edit: I have ridden my Kawasaki though recently. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Originally Posted by TejasJeff
Tell me about that...that looks great - shiny is good! Are you polishing aluminum too? I ride an 08 FXDL and would love to polish all my aluminum but no idea what to do.
Usually I just use Meguire's All metal polish and a sock. Just polishing the outside of the wheel hub a little bit before I put the front end back together.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-24-2017 at 06:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
beanoboy (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Joaquim Paris
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True and agree.
The thing is that I dont just cruise.
That's my only and everybay transportation.
Couldn't find a better way to merge work and pleasure.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:58 AM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Years ago when I did machining I used a Mazak Mazatech H-800, it had 6 tables and we ran that beast 24/7, sure do miss the work.

I know I'll prob get some crap for this, but maybe your bother can work on an adjustable back rest for the rider that works with either a two up or solo seat.

The brace looks great, any plans to make a wider version for the Wide Glide or Fat Bob?
I'm not sure. I'm sure if he gets enough requests for them, he'll design some. He just has to be able to justify the design and machining time at a price point that is reasonable for the end product. I think he's going to be doing 41mm now because enough people asked for it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?