Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:41 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Rode it.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Installed a set of floorboards...b.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:55 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,759 Likes on 3,116 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Debadged and replaced the shield on the new helmet. I leave the DOT sticker so The Man won't hassle me.

Could use some reflective sticker stuff. You know, so the driver next to you doesn't (can't) say, SMIDSY. (Sorry Mate, I Didn't See You.)

Especially at night...

Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Had an absolutely awesome time in the UP of Michigan on it and put about another 1,000 miles on the clock. Longest day was 412 miles up to Whitefish Point lighthouse. I will be posting lots of pics and vids over in Roadtrips in a new thread in a few days as soon as I can get all these 1500 or so photos organized and some videos uploaded. My Saddleman seat did awesome and bike performed flawlessly!

Last edited by tnriverluver; 07-08-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Here are some pictures of the bike with the rear lowered 1.75 inches.

Looking good mate!

Stance is bang on now.
A question/suggestion.....

Your headlight appears to be using the standard mount?

I reckon something like a Todds mount (Reversed) would put the bucket down and out just that little bit and set it off nicely. My 2c

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 03:26 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SixDD
Thank you! Aye! In general, lowering the rear of the bike only will make it feel more stable at speed. Lowering the front only will make the bike turn in easier at most speeds, but it also will be less stable at speed. Lowering both the front and rear the same amount should be negligible. You do lose lean angle, though.

Edit: another picture:

Bike has come along nicely in short order. Curious how bad a pounding ride it will have.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:40 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Had an absolutely awesome time in the UP of Michigan on it and put about another 1,000 miles on the clock. Longest day was 412 miles up to Whitefish Point lighthouse. I will be posting lots of pics and vids over in Roadtrips in a new thread in a few days as soon as I can get all these 1500 or so photos organized and some videos uploaded. My Saddleman seat did awesome and bike performed flawlessly!

While you were at Whitefish Point did you go to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum? I hope you did. Whitefish Point is one of my favorite hard ride day rides, seeing the bell of the 'Big Fitz' is worth the price of admission

Spend any time in Sault Ste. Marie? I can sit and watch the upbound and downbound freighters pass through the Soo Locks all day long. The Valley Camp museum ship in Sault Ste. Marie is a day long wander, as well, and well worth it

Old 07-08-2017, 04:01 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
While you were at Whitefish Point did you go to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum? I hope you did. Whitefish Point is one of my favorite hard ride day rides, seeing the bell of the 'Big Fitz' is worth the price of admission

Spend any time in Sault Ste. Marie? I can sit and watch the upbound and downbound freighters pass through the Soo Locks all day long. The Valley Camp museum ship in Sault Ste. Marie is a day long wander, as well, and well worth it
No Whitefish is as far as we went. 412 miles is by far the longest my wife has ever ridden her Shadow in one day and the deer were terrible in the evening so we needed to get back to the cabin before 8pm. 2 deer nearly took us out in the truck on the way in on M35. If the apposing lane hadn't been empty they would have!!! I hate freaking deer and they are just as thick here. We did a very brief run through of the museum there.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 07-08-2017 at 04:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 04:12 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Deer are thick in northern Michigan; even in the middle of the day you'd best be not daydreaming, they're bold. The closest I've ever come to being taken out by a deer was at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but near dusk and dawn is the worst of all.

When I do a Whitefish Point day ride I leave early and drop the hammer on the slab; I get to spend a bit of time throwing rocks in Lake Superior, hunt the beach for Lake Superior agates for the Lady, a visit to the Shipwreck Museum, then it's hammer time back downstate and home before dusk.

The deer are pretty when they're off in a field, but on the road those rats on stilts will kill you...

Old 07-08-2017, 04:45 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I positioned the bike in place, set up the jack below it, and took a picture. This is the front end before picture.

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Looking good mate!

Stance is bang on now.
A question/suggestion.....

Your headlight appears to be using the standard mount?

I reckon something like a Todds mount (Reversed) would put the bucket down and out just that little bit and set it off nicely. My 2c

Thank you, and thanks for that link. I'm going to try that out!

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Bike has come along nicely in short order. Curious how bad a pounding ride it will have.

Thank you, and I can hardly wait to find out!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-09-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?