Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Edit: installed this little chrome blingy thingy where the indicator lights are on the dash:
Does your GF like that too?

Old 06-22-2017, 07:43 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

...of course

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (06-22-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:36 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

...of course

That chrome dash may be your one mistake so far. It looks awesome but the damn glare can blind you when the sun is at the right angles. That is the one thing I plan to change on my current bike at some point even if just covering it in plastic dip stuff.

The following 2 users liked this post by tnriverluver:
Kirk57 (06-29-2017), SixDD (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:04 AM
almasola2008
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New to the forum and to owning a Dyna Wide Glide...actually, it's still in a crate on it's way to me yet! Should have it next week. First thing I want to do to mine though, is remove the taillight. Not sure what the US models are like, but the Canadian version has this ugly looking periscope shaped taillight sticking out of the fender. Just wondering if anyone else here has removed this and mounted the brake light under the fender or had any success in using a lay-down type taillight? I had a 883 Iron previous to this bike and removed the licence plate holder that was mounted upright on the rear fender and managed to buy a chrome, self adhesive, decorative type piece to cover the hole where it was mounted...is there anything similar to hide the hole from removing the stock taillight that anyone knows of?

Old 06-23-2017, 11:08 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
That chrome dash may be your one mistake so far. It looks awesome but the damn glare can blind you when the sun is at the right angles. That is the one thing I plan to change on my current bike at some point even if just covering it in plastic dip stuff.
He can always paint it Wrinkle Black

The following users liked this post:
blueangel73 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 PM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I could always order a new OEM wrinkle black dash through Surdyke if it doesn't work out-but I think it will be fine. Most of the I ride it's around 12 AM - 4 AM when the streets are vacant. Now the loud exhaust might be a problem.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:02 PM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by almasola2008
New to the forum and to owning a Dyna Wide Glide...actually, it's still in a crate on it's way to me yet! Should have it next week. First thing I want to do to mine though, is remove the taillight. Not sure what the US models are like, but the Canadian version has this ugly looking periscope shaped taillight sticking out of the fender. Just wondering if anyone else here has removed this and mounted the brake light under the fender or had any success in using a lay-down type taillight? I had a 883 Iron previous to this bike and removed the licence plate holder that was mounted upright on the rear fender and managed to buy a chrome, self adhesive, decorative type piece to cover the hole where it was mounted...is there anything similar to hide the hole from removing the stock taillight that anyone knows of?
The right laydown plate bracket might cover the hole, and you can find a run/brake/turn led strip to mount at the bottom of the fender. Depends on your local laws though, and how strictly they are enforced.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:11 PM
SixDD
Banned

USPS dropped off the four new heat shields for the exhaust. I unboxed them, took a picture. That's all so far for today. Edit: went to the hardware store and got a couple stainless steel carriage bolts, nuts, and lock washers I need. Now I just need to go to the Harley dealer tomorrow and order one last part (front header clamp that attaches header to the bracket just below the engine) then I'll have all the parts the exhaust system needs.

Last edited by SixDD; 06-23-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

... Most of the I ride it's around 12 AM - 4 AM when the streets are vacant. Now the loud exhaust might be a problem.
That is a bad time to be out on the streets for a few reasons, my friend

Especially with a Chrome dash and Jeweled indicator Trim

Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
That is a bad time to be out on the streets for a few reasons, my friend

Especially with a Chrome dash and Jeweled indicator Trim
Can you say "BLING"? My FXDC had a chromed dash, and except for the mentioned glare at certain daylight hours, it looked great.

What did you do to your Dyna today?
It is gone. Had to retire, and couldn't afford the payments any longer. Maybe again some day. I wasn't saying your dash was bling, but responding to the comment made about the danger of riding at night with a chrome dash and jewelled trim. I love chrome.... tp

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?