Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 11:46 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
using the wrong size?
Possibly.. I can't even remember after that deep surgery. Impact jacka$$ery and just not seated too.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I feel for you Stonei3! I hate torx heads. Way to easy to foul up.

I stripped my tins off. I will start removing the paint this weekend. I'm going to really take my time and do this as clean as I can.

Since I use my Dyna as my daily, I've always had to rush the job during the weekend so I could have it back together by Monday, but now that I have the FZ, I can really go after getting a quality looking paint job.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:59 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Back in for dyno. Lost almost 20 hp going from 3,400 to 1,600 ft elevation. (Lean) Go figure. Good news is the shops within 5 minutes of me.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:01 AM
widestglidest
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tore down apes and started drag bar install.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:59 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Been adding some bling to the Low Rider lately. Have added chrome axle nut covers front and rear, chrome brake caliper inserts front and rear, chrome oil and transmission dipsticks, chrome 103 timer cover, highway pegs, HD sissy bar concho bag, chrome speedo and tach covers, chrome HD license plate frame, chrome 103 derby cover, chrome bar and shield coil cover, and red 10mm Sreamin' Eagle spark plug wires. Haven't been able to ride the bike at all, due to recovering from surgery...probably another 2 weeks yet. Can't wait to ride again!

Originally Posted by ludville1
Been adding some bling to the Low Rider lately. Have added chrome axle nut covers front and rear, chrome brake caliper inserts front and rear, chrome oil and transmission dipsticks, chrome 103 timer cover, highway pegs, HD sissy bar concho bag, chrome speedo and tach covers, chrome HD license plate frame, chrome 103 derby cover, chrome bar and shield coil cover, and red 10mm Sreamin' Eagle spark plug wires. Haven't been able to ride the bike at all, due to recovering from surgery...probably another 2 weeks yet. Can't wait to ride again!

...oh, and added Kuryakin #9012 and #9016 front fender trim.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Installed the eBay "Daymaker Clone" headlight...1/4 the price, but just as bright/quality as HD-branded light. Time will tell, but I don't know why $tealer$hips charge so much for these...??

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ludville1 (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 07:40 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Installed the eBay "Daymaker Clone" headlight...1/4 the price, but just as bright/quality as HD-branded light. Time will tell, but I don't know why $tealer$hips charge so much for these...??

Been looking at that one also. Pretty easy installation?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Definitely easy...remove outer ring, unplug, plug & cram back into bucket. Only issue is fitting everything into stock headlight casing...had to work some magic, but it will fit (trust me).

Got mine from btdirectsale for $49.94/shipped. Arrived in 3-days.

ludville1 (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 07:46 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Easy peasy It took me about 5 minutes to install mine. Remove the headlight ring, unplug the OEM headlight, plug in the new LED, and put the headlight ring back on...

Amazon Amazon

ludville1 (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

SORRY THIS IS A LITTLE WORDY

It all started a few days ago when I stopped at the dealer to grab some plugs for my 20,000km service. The parts lady tried to upsell me a trickle charger thinking I was buying plugs because the bike was hard to start of a cold morning. Cockishly I remarked "Oh I ride too much to need one of those"....

I then headed home, still put off by the whole thought of having to plug my bike in to a wall socket because of lack of use. I walked to the garage to fire it up to heat the oil before dropping it and.....

Crickets chirping....

The bike was flat as a tack. No life whatsoever. I put it down to sitting in the sub freezing temperatures without being started for 2 weeks. Its the original battery so perhaps its on its way out??

So I gave up for the day and resigned to the fact that the following day I'd have to return to the dealer, face the parts chick again and ask for that trickle charger after so confidently stating that I rode too often to need one.

So the next day I handed over 70 bucks and headed home again.

I got home, put the bike on charge and left it for the afternoon. Come out and flicked the switch, still no life. So like all diligent amateur mechanics I then read the instructions. Evidently the trickle charger needs at least 3V from the battery to pick up and start doing its trickle thing.

Out comes the battery and on to the bench hooked up to my 12V charger for car batteries. Another night passes and the following morning I give the bike a crack - BOOM she rumbles into life. So I complete the 20,000km service and stick it on the charger thinking I'm home and hosed.

I was out coaching basketball all day and when I got home after dark I noticed a light on in my workshop. I open the door and low and behold the Harley is sitting there with the license plate light on illuminating the entire rear of the bike.

So I start to check the connections under the seat, jiggling everything but the light stays on even thought the ignition is off and the alarm is armed. Best guess at this stage is the wire to the plate light has rubbed through something and is earthing.

Fast forward an hour and I've now jacked up the rear of the bike up for better access under the guard. I've removed the shocks, the fender strut covers, turn signals, fender and eventually the rear tailight assembly. With it all off the bike I plug the rear harness in again and the problem remains - the bloody light comes on.

At this point I'm puzzled because the rear light assembly is off the bike, if its a cable its not in the rear part of the harness because theres nothing earthing the taillight.

I move some wires around the fuse box to get better access to the wiring harness and out of the corner of my eye I see the license plate light flicker. I Move the FP3 around and the light goes out. Voila its something to do with the data cable. After some more exploring I disconnect the FP# and spot a nice little well of water. in the connector. Some compressed air, some heat and some dielectric grease and we're away.

I put the rear of the bike back together and went to bed feeling satisfied that the moto didn't beat me today.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?