Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Changed out my grips, like these much better
Also added the SM skid plate

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Picked up a set of 1998 stock dyna exhaust pipes with stock mufflers. They look like they were never used. Gonna use them instead of my welded back together ones... And they were only 50$, SCORE!!!

Old 05-28-2017, 07:16 AM
Disel72
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bl_dg
It's an old Deuce wheel that had the 3/4" axle. Had to bore out the center to allow the bearing spacer to fit.

(No, it's not the new chrome Deuce wheel.)

Hi,
I have the same old Deuce wheel with 3/4" axle.
I would like to use it on my 2013 Super Glide Custom with ABS and 25mm bearing.
I was wandering if you have enough "material" around the center after you drilled it to allow the bearing spacer to fit.
Many thanks

Old 05-28-2017, 07:54 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Painted the front fender denim chopper blue to match the tank and put on a fender tip. Put on some head bolt covers and sanded and polished the rear fender to get the pitting out from the old seat. I got the 3Guyz oil filter relocation in today but I'm going to wait until I get to 1000 oil change on the new top end to install it.

::: snip :::

That fender looks great, the denim chopper blue looks nice

A question for you on that Kuryakyn #9012 front fender tip: Is it just the image or didn't it quite follow the contour of the fender? I like how it off-sets the #9016 fender extension, but if it doesn't want to sit properly on the front edge of the fender that would be a deal breaker for me; I'd like to add it to my fender but it has to follow the fender edge contour.

I bought the HD #91194-04 fender spear to off-set the Kuryakyn fender extension but that thing was so thin and flimsy and so poorly followed the contour of the fender you couldn't even get it to stay on the fender; the front from the medallion forward would lift up, no matter how warm I got the adhesive or how long I held it there. Chyna junk that went in the trash...

Old 05-28-2017, 08:09 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Chyna's junk?

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

A question for you on that Kuryakyn #9012 front fender tip: Is it just the image or didn't it quite follow the contour of the fender? I like how it off-sets the #9016 fender extension, but if it doesn't want to sit properly on the front edge of the fender that would be a deal breaker for me; I'd like to add it to my fender but it has to follow the fender edge contour.

I bought the HD #91194-04 fender spear to off-set the Kuryakyn fender extension but that thing was so thin and flimsy and so poorly followed the contour of the fender you couldn't even get it to stay on the fender; the front from the medallion forward would lift up, no matter how warm I got the adhesive or how long I held it there. Chyna junk that went in the trash...
I placed it before adhearing it to the fender and it does follow the fender perfectly but the backing tape is a pain in the ***. I had to line it up three times just to get the alignment that good and I'm thinking of taking it off again and trying with the 3M double sided instead. The supplied tape is just too pliable, thin, and the narrow parts at the tip don't adhere well so it isn't forgiving at all when you do the final placement. I was patient lining it up but I knew that once I had placed it that tape would be trash if I pulled it off. The left side (right in the picture) is rotated up a couple of mm too high so the tip isn't contacting the fender perfectly.

Last edited by Jay Guild; 05-28-2017 at 08:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jay Guild:
ludville1 (05-28-2017), TinCupChalice (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 08:14 AM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Disel72
Hi,
I have the same old Deuce wheel with 3/4" axle.
I would like to use it on my 2013 Super Glide Custom with ABS and 25mm bearing.
I was wandering if you have enough "material" around the center after you drilled it to allow the bearing spacer to fit.
Many thanks
No, there's not much material left. Bore half way through from one side, then flip the wheel over and bore the other side. If you (or your machinist) is -really- good, the holes will line up perfectly. I came fairly close, but had a little bit of break through. Then again, there's no telling how round or true the wheel casting was.

The 25mm bearings are thinner than the old 3/4" bearings, so the center spacer is longer. (This keeps the overall width the same.). I forget the kit number, but can look it up later. You will need a 'bearing' spacer to keep the 25mm bearing seated at the correct depth.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Disel72 (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 08:41 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

Tin Cup,

Thanks for that report! I ended up ordering the Kuryakyn #9012 and #9016 chrome fender pieces for my Low Rider front fender. Thought about the H-D small fender spear, but didn't. Glad that I didn't get that one!

Old 05-28-2017, 08:57 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by ludville1
Tin Cup,

Thanks for that report! I ended up ordering the Kuryakyn #9012 and #9016 chrome fender pieces for my Low Rider front fender. Thought about the H-D small fender spear, but didn't. Glad that I didn't get that one!

Yea, I got to play patient zero on that thing It's so thin and fragile I thought the box was empty when I received it. I tried to get it to fit the contour of the fender but as you start trying to get it to conform you could see it wanted to bend just past the medallion, not conform. A couple of attempts using heat to get it on the fender and the 'chrome' veneer on it started to turn frosty where it was bending; it was too brittle. If it had actually followed the contour of the fender I could have gotten it on.

Most likely for the best; it did look a bit out of place on the fender, anyway

Old 05-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Disel72
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bl_dg
No, there's not much material left. Bore half way through from one side, then flip the wheel over and bore the other side. If you (or your machinist) is -really- good, the holes will line up perfectly. I came fairly close, but had a little bit of break through. Then again, there's no telling how round or true the wheel casting was.

The 25mm bearings are thinner than the old 3/4" bearings, so the center spacer is longer. (This keeps the overall width the same.). I forget the kit number, but can look it up later. You will need a 'bearing' spacer to keep the 25mm bearing seated at the correct depth.

Hope this helps.
Many thanks!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?