Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:35 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by checkster2000
Changed out the short shots to side shots.....I'm digging them. Short shots wouldn't work with the footpeg relocation I have planned.

Maybe just the picture angle but it looks like you aren't going to be able to lean right very much without dragging those pipes.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:41 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Put on a new solo bag (Ends Cuoio) and exhaust (Thrashin Supply) last night

Old 05-25-2017, 01:30 PM
jeffr0000
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
What do dealers do with stock take offs? Somewhere there has to be warehouses full of them if they aren't sold for scrap.
Local dealer to me has signs that say take-off parts are chucked in trash after 14 days. When they swapped my front wheel (bent rim covered by HD wheel/tire coverage), they let me have the old one after I asked for it. It had masking tape with my name and the date it was taken off of my bike writ upon it.

...I need to find their dumpster.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
thisisagame24
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve

Digging that sissy bar, who made that one?

Old 05-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
You will like it The first time you remove your oil filter when you're doing an oil change and you don't make any sort of a mess you'll be asking yourself why you didn't buy it sooner
I'm considering adding this to my to-do list. If you haven't already, can you post a photo of how you have yours set up? I'm also running the Jagg low mount cooler, which I think you are too if I remember right.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Dual purpose. Clever idea! something like this? http://www.streetglo.net/reflective.tape/
Yes that is what I'm thinking The mirrors look good on the bike too. It brings together the black and chrome nicely.

On another note, I took the bike out for the first time today since my hit and run accident. What a joy, I really missed being on my iron horse. I noticed the smell of petrol/gas and looked under the bike and saw the little black tube (2nd pic) was expelling some kind of vapor. Is this anything to worry about?

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:28 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
Digging that sissy bar, who made that one?
It's from https://www.tophandventures.com/

Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
I'm considering adding this to my to-do list. If you haven't already, can you post a photo of how you have yours set up? I'm also running the Jagg low mount cooler, which I think you are too if I remember right.

Good memory I found that running both the Jagg low mount thermostatic adapter and the 3Guyz oil filter relocation together placed the oil hoses at some rather extremes trying to clear my +3" billet shift rod. I wasn't willing to give up the shift rod, the relocation or the oil cooler, so I deleted the Jagg thermostatic adapter and plumbed the oil cooler core in series with the oil filter relocation. I then had just enough room to keep all 3.

On one very cold day with a heavy north wind I did have some issues with some overly low engine temperatures. Hard to believe on a Twin Cam, eh In temperatures above 60° warm up isn't an issue and engine temperatures are in their usual ranges. If you're planning on riding in some low temperatures having both the Jagg thermostatic adapter and the oil filter relocation adapter is going to be a good idea; but I hate the cold anyway, now I've got an excuse not to ride below 55°

dpoll995 needed to go to a shorter shift rod on his Wide Glide, if you're running mids you won't have any problems with fitment of the adapters and oil line routing. But forward controls and 2 engine adapters can make it much more interesting to get everything installed. He and I both posted images in this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...67-3-guyz.html

My engine oil now flows out of the 45° 'out' fitting of the 3Guyz adapter, in to the lower fitting of the Jagg low mount core, out the top Jagg fitting to the 'in' of the oil filter mount, then from the 'out' of the oil filter mount back to the 'in' of the 3Guyz adapter...

Old 05-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,689 Likes on 3,150 Posts

Dropped the tins off at the painter - we'll see what he comes up with

Raised the tank front 2"

Installed a JES oil temp stick (we will get to the testing one of these days I swear)

55 degrees Tuesday night - supposed to be 95 degrees tomorrow..., then rain all weekend - such is springtime in TX

Sissy bar supposed to be delivered tomorrow (guy packing it for shipping dropped it..., and had to be re-PC'd) - assuming I get it - it'll be installed Saturday

Ghost

Old 05-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Backinblack83
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve

love the swingarm bag, but can't find one for sale in USD. Where did you find it?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?