Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:16 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

Just ordered my 2" fork extensions with the bung kickstand extension block. Then I am going to put the progressive heavy duty spring kit in. Love the look of TC's bike so much I had to do it.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Huh, I was under the impression that Arlen Ness had transitioned to the caliper adapters with the inserts now. I replaced my caliper adapter when the updated version first became available...

I remembered you, Cvaria and others discussing a change some time ago and I wasn't sure what that change was when I was inspecting them last night. Looks like I will need to give AN a call. I appreciate it TC.

Haven't tested them out yet but I am very much looking forward to it.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
I remembered you, Cvaria and others discussing a change some time ago and I wasn't sure what that change was when I was inspecting them last night. Looks like I will need to give AN a call. I appreciate it TC.

Haven't tested them out yet but I am very much looking forward to it.

when i ordered more for my sportster, the guy at ness said they do that every now and then when a batch is off the mark. Some batches will have the inserts, some will not. His words, not mine.

enjoy your superstoppers. Flush your lines with new juice if you haven't already.

stonei3 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:12 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
when i ordered more for my sportster, the guy at ness said they do that every now and then when a batch is off the mark. Some batches will have the inserts, some will not. His words, not mine.

I hadn't commented before because it didn't really matter at the time, but now that you made that comment...Here's my take

When I first saw the months ago pics with the thread insert, I thought "Repair" (basically what Ness just said). I didn't see a reason to put an insert in "just because" and they probably wouldn't have done it "after the fact" (PC or Anodize)

stonei3 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:28 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria

enjoy your superstoppers. Flush your lines with new juice if you haven't already.

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I hadn't commented before because it didn't really matter at the time, but now that you made that comment...Here's my take

When I first saw the months ago pics with the thread insert, I thought "Repair" (basically what Ness just said). I didn't see a reason to put an insert in "just because" and they probably wouldn't have done it "after the fact" (PC or Anodize)

Well, this just got more interesting When I called AN they told me it was a running revision done for the improvements in strength and reliability of the caliper bracket. So I paid an extra $50 to put a 'repair' caliper adapter on my Wide Glide? heh.... If I couldn't laugh, I'd go insane Oh well, guess I got a spare caliper adapter; had they told me the inserts are there because they can't always drill and tap properly I wouldn't have bothered at all chasing down the 'new and improved' revision.

Hey Stonei! Call Ness, see what they tell you, maybe we'll get a third version on the why of the adapter

Now serious... Stonei, spend some time adapting to the new Big Brakes; the lever will be more sensitive, you will notice it. I've always used the 2 finger braking technique and with the upgraded suspension, Night Dragons, Lyndall brake pads, and the Big Brake it's only one finger to take it right to threshold. Spend some time in parking lots and on empty country roads getting used to the feel at the lever under heavy braking...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 05-23-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added...
The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
cvaria (05-24-2017), stonei3 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:52 AM
DMuz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 road king meets 96 dyna super glide

New front end.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:05 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

I just can't help it ... that's what I see

DMuz (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 12:11 PM
DMuz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it!!

Old 05-23-2017, 12:13 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by DMuz
I love it!!
Believe me...so do I (again and again)

Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Well, this just got more interesting When I called AN they told me it was a running revision done for the improvements in strength and reliability of the caliper bracket. So I paid an extra $50 to put a 'repair' caliper adapter on my Wide Glide? heh.... If I couldn't laugh, I'd go insane Oh well, guess I got a spare caliper adapter; had they told me the inserts are there because they can't always drill and tap properly I wouldn't have bothered at all chasing down the 'new and improved' revision.

Hey Stonei! Call Ness, see what they tell you, maybe we'll get a third version on the why of the adapter

Now serious... Stonei, spend some time adapting to the new Big Brakes; the lever will be more sensitive, you will notice it. I've always used the 2 finger braking technique and with the upgraded suspension, Night Dragons, Lyndall brake pads, and the Big Brake it's only one finger to take it right to threshold. Spend some time in parking lots and on empty country roads getting used to the feel at the lever under heavy braking...
Interesting... I shot them an email so we shall see how they reply.

I appreciate the tips, parking lot time and back roads are most definitely in my future.

Cvaria - I zip tied my lever last night and am getting a solid feel. Really think I need to flush?? Not a complete pain in the *** to do but not my fav by any means.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?