Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Welp, I planned a good long 600 mile ride today. Got 140 miles into it and right after fueling, the bike felt like it had a flat tire, or at least a low pressure situation. Pulled over 1/2 a block from the station, checked the tire. Checked the rear wheel bearings for slop, the swingarm seemed ok. It's good. Couldn't figure out what was causing it to "wiggle" from the back under gentle acceleration. Continued my ride up to Angeles Crest Highway. Bike still moving about every once in a while. I rode the 75 miles to BigBear lake, bike was moving around a little more. Still 100 miles from home, so I headed that way. Fueled in Perris as I had 205 miles on that tank. Bike was no different. Still moving every once in a while, but no change. I get to my offramp and throttle up. The bike goes almost sideways! Like I was riding on dirt instead of clean asphalt. I have a hill I must climb to get to my 'hood. I make my stop/then right turn. Here I get the bike wanting to go sideways again, and I'm slipping the clutch in first to get it moving. Then I get some screeching, grinding noise that I hear thru the FF helmet, ear plugs and my deafness!
So, what should I look at first? Or second? The bike is too dangerous to ride now, so it'll be trailer time if I don't get a solution in the garage. The sound sounds like from primary, but not sure.

EDIT~ This is a 2016 FXDL that is not modified, and still under factory warranty. 6400 miles on the clock.

Anyone?
Rear wheel bearings are about the only thing that will get you that kind of instability and noise that fast. Get the bike on a stand and wiggle everything, Verify the swingarm pivot has no play while you're in there.

: Mike

Old 05-14-2017, 02:46 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
Rear wheel bearings are about the only thing that will get you that kind of instability and noise that fast. Get the bike on a stand and wiggle everything, Verify the swingarm pivot has no play while you're in there.

: Mike
This message is hidden because NORTY FLATZ is on your ignore list.

Did you really have to quote this self-aggrandizing little putz? I've got him on perma-ignore, I'd never see anything it posts otherwise, unless it's quoted; he's nothing but a waste of useless flesh and resources. But his latest post is a gem.

Based on his previous posts, perhaps he could just follow his staunch belief that anti-freeze solves all of his pathetic little first world problems, inconveniences, and 'tarded self-absorbed issues.

Personally, I'd suggest he dumps anti-freeze in the fuel tank, engine, primary, and transmission; drink the rest of the gallon, and then ride the bike.

ZFG; never forgive, never forget...

The following users liked this post:
NORTY FLATZ (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Finally got round to putting on the Fatbob this ,Auxiliary Brake Light/Running Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit-69463-06B, and Harley Poly bushings for the risers, all done in 30 minutes, time for a beer.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:09 PM
crzoomb
Tourer
Received 150 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Wait a minute!!!

You didn't get the Screaming Eagle tiller attachment? What about the plow? You DID get the plow at least, right? LOL
Nope...Just a few Beefeater Martinis for the labor

Old 05-14-2017, 09:15 PM
JoN_JoN
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Closer and closer to murdered out. Hit the gas cap, fuel gauge and bolts with some plasti dip. Got my eyes on the speedo ring and ignition next.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 460 Posts

I put TW37B Cams in and 30 thou Cometic head gaskets

Old 05-15-2017, 12:15 AM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Switched out the headlight and put on the sissy bar, even though my 2up seat hasn't made it in yet.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:03 AM
BrianFXDWG
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dklozik
Switched out the headlight and put on the sissy bar, even though my 2up seat hasn't made it in yet.

Dklozik
The bike looks clean. What Sissy bar is that you put on there?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:37 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Did you really have to quote this self-aggrandizing little putz? I've got him on perma-ignore, I'd never see anything it posts otherwise, unless it's quoted; he's nothing but a waste of useless flesh and resources. But his latest post is a gem.

Based on his previous posts, perhaps he could just follow his staunch belief that anti-freeze solves all of his pathetic little first world problems, inconveniences, and 'tarded self-absorbed issues.

Personally, I'd suggest he dumps anti-freeze in the fuel tank, engine, primary, and transmission; drink the rest of the gallon, and then ride the bike.

ZFG; never forgive, never forget...
???

thats unlike you

TinCupChalice (05-16-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 10:35 AM
BobbyH83
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
???

thats unlike you
That was my first thought but I'm new here.

All I did to the dyna this weekend was cheat on her spending Friday morning on my brother in laws ninja. Fun ride for the morning and awesome weather but that riding position just isn't for me long term.

TinCupChalice (05-16-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?