Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 04:59 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Added the V&H Pro Pipe ( In Sig Pic ) which got a Great Price and That's it for a while, my funds are about gone if want to make this TN Road Trip coming up ..

Old 05-08-2017, 05:06 AM
Proline1969
Cruiser
Received 184 Likes on 72 Posts

Took her for our local bike blessing .

Old 05-08-2017, 06:20 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,946 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Installed Khrome Werks 12" Bobber bars on my Switch, along with throttle lines from a Street Bob. The holes for the lines weren't big enough to fit the connectors through. Had to get creative and drill/file out the hole to be larger on each side. Had Street Bob bars on, but idiot me dropped my bike in the driveway and bent the bar. Really like the pitch/angle of the KW Bobber. Had to use Street Bob risers (which came with the SB bars when I bought them) to use the existing brake line. Never did throttle work before. Everything is dialed in perfectly now.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:09 AM
golferguy
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
With the height of your apes I'd be running solid riser bushings. Always one of my first mods is to remove the rubber bushings and change to LA Choppers chrome solids. When you changed your bars to apes did you leave the rubber bushings in place or did you buy your Wide Glide with the apes already installed?

When you sit on the bike can you slightly rock the bars/risers back and forth? If you can you've got either rubber bushings or possibly poly bushings. If they're rubber you'll find solids will actually clear up those mirrors a bit and keep the bars solidly in position...
TC, how tight do you snug up the riser bolts? I put the poly bushings on with my 2" DK Customs extension. I did not torque but tightened very tight. It shakes so hard that parts of the bike were vibrating. I just took them off. I would like to put them back on if you or anyone else has guidance on snugging them down. thanks.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:11 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I know your question was directed specifically at TC, but the steel bushing inside the poly isolators takes the clamp load of the fasteners. Torque to factory specs.

The following users liked this post:
golferguy (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 09:15 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by golferguy
TC, how tight do you snug up the riser bolts? I put the poly bushings on with my 2" DK Customs extension. I did not torque but tightened very tight. It shakes so hard that parts of the bike were vibrating. I just took them off. I would like to put them back on if you or anyone else has guidance on snugging them down. thanks.
HD calls for 30 - 40 ft-lbs on the riser bolts; mine are torqued to 40 ft-lbs. On my '13 I'm also using the DK 2" riser extensions but LA Choppers solid chrome bushings. Zero vibration issues, the mirrors are clear.

cggorman is as always, correct Torque to the factory specs...

Edited to add: I've never used poly riser bushings, I always use solids so I'm unsure if what you're experiencing is due improper torque on the riser bolts or if it's the nature of the poly bushings...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 05-08-2017 at 09:18 AM.
golferguy (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

I'm running poly bushings, vibrates pretty noticeably at idle, but smooth and solid when actually riding.

golferguy (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 09:30 AM
golferguy
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
HD calls for 30 - 40 ft-lbs on the riser bolts; mine are torqued to 40 ft-lbs. On my '13 I'm also using the DK 2" riser extensions but LA Choppers solid chrome bushings. Zero vibration issues, the mirrors are clear.

cggorman is as always, correct Torque to the factory specs...

Edited to add: I've never used poly riser bushings, I always use solids so I'm unsure if what you're experiencing is due improper torque on the riser bolts or if it's the nature of the poly bushings...
Thanks TC and cggorman. I will use the correct torque and see how they perform. Chrome bushings will be next if I am not happy!

Old 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Mightyxxdan
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed a rear brake light flasher. Saw something like this on a goldwing. I had a flashing tail light modulator LED on my old bike and they are expensive and involved a lot of wiring. I Wanted something cheaper and a lot brighter. Got an emergency LED strobe with integrated flasher. Its super bright and has 12 flash patterns. 2 wire hook up. Power to brake light and ground.
Amazon purchase
https://www.amazon.com/LAMPHUS-SolarBlast-Emergency-Firefighter-Sync-able/dp/B00CEKNCO0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1494253560&sr=8-17&keywords=lamphus+led https://www.amazon.com/LAMPHUS-SolarBlast-Emergency-Firefighter-Sync-able/dp/B00CEKNCO0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1494253560&sr=8-17&keywords=lamphus+led

Had to mount the light to a plate and mounted the light to my reflector. A little modification and ran the wires. Wasn't to hard of an install.

here is the finsihed install and video of the light.

esteboatan (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 AM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mightyxxdan
Installed a rear brake light flasher. Saw something like this on a goldwing. I had a flashing tail light modulator LED on my old bike and they are expensive and involved a lot of wiring. I Wanted something cheaper and a lot brighter. Got an emergency LED strobe with integrated flasher. Its super bright and has 12 flash patterns. 2 wire hook up. Power to brake light and ground.
Excellent mate, I really want to get one of those on my bike for added rear visibility.
I just asked about doing something like this over in this thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-lightbar.html

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?