Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 08:06 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
I would stab out my own eyes before I washed my bike every two weeks.

hmm...interesting...considering

Old 05-07-2017, 08:13 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
...Same here, in winter there is no point, the bike gets a "Pommy Wash" and thats about it.
Ok so I googoo "Pommy Wash"...I think instead of myself, I would be the "giver"

Old 05-07-2017, 08:28 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by TBT3
He's a good guy but as with all friends he has a lot of opinions. I just smile and say OK when he tells me stuff. He also told me the factory OEM Dunlap tires were the best tires I could get when I mentioned wanting to get some better tires. So that let's you know more of his level of expertise in all things Harley.

It does not seem like I can rock my bars a little. They seem to be solidly in place.

When I first got the bike I took it to a "custom" shop to have the bars and cables all installed. I wish I knew then what I know now, because now I would do it myself for 1/4 of the cost and it would be more specific to what I envisioned. But it is what it is. Ever onward. According to the work order, they installed "Handlebar Solid Bushings".

So, what are my upgrade choices, if any? We went for a long ride today and although there's some vibration in the grips, I really don't notice it. (Maybe those Kuryakyn grips are working as advertised.) But the mirrors are almost useless, especially cruising at higher speeds.
Solid riser bushings on taller bars are typically a good idea, the higher up the bars get the more leverage you can throw on the OEM rubber bushings and move the bars around. I've never used poly riser bushings so I can't comment on how well they'd work out for you with your apes, I've always used solids.

On my previous Wide Glides with 18" and 20" apes using solid bushings my mirrors were very usable; but I didn't use the OEM mirrors They gave the bikes a 'bug antenna' look sitting out there on the apes. I used smaller round mirrors that had short stalks; looked much better and were not prone to vibrating.

Oh, and ask your friend, 'do you even Pirelli Night Dragon?'

Old 05-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Put in the Ride On and I must say it got rid of the wobble at higher speeds. Tested it out while doing my first performance runs since putting in the big bore with the domed pistons. Here's the 4th gear pull.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Put in the Ride On and I must say it got rid of the wobble at higher speeds. Tested it out while doing my first performance runs since putting in the big bore with the domed pistons. Here's the 4th gear pull.

Those are some nice numbers. Enjoy the ride. tp

Old 05-07-2017, 03:46 PM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default ay.

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Oh, and ask your friend, 'do you even Pirelli Night Dragon?'
The Pirellis were exactly what I thought when he said that. LOL

I've been looking at different mirrors and actually like the old school, round look. Was thinking of just doing one. So I'll try that and see what we get.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:48 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild

Very nice numbers! The Ride On works, eh? I swear by that stuff...

The weather has been schizophrenic; I've already changed out the primary and the transmission but needed to do the engine. Everything was done before her winter's nap but after a winter's sleep, I change everything again.

Got out; 53° with a brisk north wind, and stupid low engine temperatures on the Power Vision, flippin' oil barely got warm after a 42 mile ride, let the bike run in the garage to let the engine temperatures get up to 225° so I could actually change it. Global warming my backside

Removing the Jagg thermostatic adapter and plumbing the low mount oil cooler core in series with the oil filter relocation has turned this bike in to a hot weather beastie, that's for sure.

Dropped the engine oil, cleaned the PCS4C oil filter; let the oil drain for 1 hour. Removed the K&N air filter and the external breather filter for cleaning; I keep a spare for each always ready to be installed. Got the filters in and added 4 ounces of VR1 SAE 50 to the oil filter and put it back on the relocation, and filled the engine to 3 hash marks on the stick; it's 49° out now, so this southern boy is done. I know she's right, I've done that job of changing the engine oil too many times.

The garage is 76°, the 80's metal is playing, and there's a cold beer; done for the day...

Postscript: The Power Vision is on the bike so I could monitor changes to temperatures with the removal of the thermostatic adapter. Limited riding so far this season, and that was the coldest day I've ridden in; should have just stayed in the garage, but the lure of a glimpse of sun over-rode common sense In similar ambient temperatures last season with the adapter in place the engine temperatures were higher, so cool/cold temperatures and no thermostatic control may be too much of a good thing. An oil temperature gauge has now moved to the top of my wish list; it won't be the HD digital, problematic and I'd rather not have it on my bike. JES makes an analog oil temperature gauge...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 05-08-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Postscript...
Old 05-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Ok so I googoo "Pommy Wash"...I think instead of myself, I would be the "giver"
Heheheheh

The "intimate" parts of the bike that I clean in the Pommy Wash are the headlight, turn signals, mirrors and taillight

Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I cleaned then clay bar'd the tank, then tried out a three stage Meguires kit (compound, polishing, waxing). I also bought a black box paint kit for black paint from walmart. Ordered some more super soft cloths. Working on the tanks paint tonight for a little while...

...shiny!

Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I cleaned then clay bar'd the tank, then tried out a three stage Meguires kit (compound, polishing, waxing). I also bought a black box paint kit for black paint from walmart. Ordered some more super soft cloths. Working on the tanks paint tonight for a little while...

...shiny!
More productive than playing Solitaire and watching a six year old college football game, like I'm doing. Let's see the SHINE when all is done. tp dd50
I did work today and rode a few hours after work, if that counts for anything. Won a bike photo challenge too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?