Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:05 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by bl_dg
Ordered some 2" bar stock to make some of those fancy 'gorman' style axle spacers. Also got in some material for a few other parts.

Did you mean to say 2" stock, and place the "spacers" label by the tubing?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:18 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

Did you mean to say 2" stock, and place the "spacers" label by the tubing?

Nope.

2" bar stock is for the front axle spacers, like cggorman made. (23" dual disc wheel conversion) [on order, not pictured]

2" tubing is for the inner bearing spacers on the rear wheel. (Duece wheel conversion)

1-5/8 bar stock is for some riser extensions. (bars too close after tank lift)

1/2" hex stock is for AN fittings for the dual disc brake conversion. (+2 forks)

Old 05-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by TBT3
Have you guys seen any "short" dashes? Instead of the long dash that goes the whole length of the tank I'd like something that stops just below the ignition switch. I tried searching and I made post about it a couple weeks ago, but no luck. Any specific other model's dashes that would fit a Dyna?
Like the one on a Super Glide Custom?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:33 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TBT3
Have you guys seen any "short" dashes? Instead of the long dash that goes the whole length of the tank I'd like something that stops just below the ignition switch. I tried searching and I made post about it a couple weeks ago, but no luck. Any specific other model's dashes that would fit a Dyna?
Originally Posted by Reindeer

And that should be the same as the Switchback.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:40 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by bl_dg
And that should be the same as the Switchback.
Aren't those for the larger gauge?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:48 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Just off the top of my head (no research)...I think the short dash dynas use the larger speedo, but might be able to make a reducer ring, if the dash even fits the contour (I think some tanks are slightly different, again...haven't researched)
I know the Road King dash I put on my Wide Glide had a different tank contour. Took a little "doing" but I got it to fit.

After fitting

After finishing

Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Yeah that looks good...It's a RK "Custom" dash (FLHRS)

So for example, the 2012 FXDWG shows a 4.7 gal tank while the FXDC shows a 5 gal...different? contour wise...probably. Significant? dunno

Last edited by multihdrdr; 05-04-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:28 PM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I made a bracket to use the LeatherPros CB3000 studs on the left side with a solo bag (this one is a LaRosa).

The LeatherPros use a visegrip like clamp. This uses a single tiewrap through the top holes (bottom is slotted) to keep the bar from hopping the screw head on the stud. Seems to work great.

If I want to go on a trip I cut the tiewrap and the bar comes off with the bag, then pop on the LeatherPros. When I get back just pop off the LeatherPros, pre-start a new tiewrap, slide on the bar with the bag, and tighten/trim the tiewrap.

Here it is prior to cleanup and paint:

Back of the bar:

Oh yes, I also used a piece of shock cord with a hook on the lower part of the bag. The hook connects to the shock and keeps the bottom of the bag centered and not rubbing on the swingarm.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out, even though I did seriously run the paint (but only on both exposed sides, the bottom and back are flawless )

Old 05-05-2017, 06:10 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
That looks about right, minus the leather piece going from the bottom of the dash to the seat.

Something like this where the tank doesn't have a plastic or leather strip covering the lower half of the tank.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:23 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

That leather tank bib is a separate part. Not required. Notice the unfinished weld fillet running down the center of the tank. The tank bib covers that and the weld fillet at the crotch of the tank. I, personally, can't stand the unfinished weld and also can't stand the tank bib. That leaves me with few easy options. Some folks don't mind it. Just wanted you to be aware.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?