Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 05:48 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Bounced out to the garage first thing this AM; took the Wide Glide off the J&S and put a scrap piece of wood under her jiffy/extension. Removed the derby cover and the primary drain bolt to let the primary drain; then back in for breakfast; sirloin steak and eggs with 24 ounces of homebrewed Porter; I've heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I need to start out right

Back out to the garage at noon; the primary is drained; adjusted the clutch pack and the clutch cable freeplay, 1 quart of Mobil 1 Racing 4T and buttoned her back up and took a nice ride. Back in to the garage and dropped the transmission fluid; the Redline was fresh last November when I put the bike down for her winter's nap but sleeping for that long, she needs new fluid. Used Mobil 1 75W-140 this time; I switch back and forth between Redline and Mobil 1 every other transmission fluid change but I swear, the Mobil 1 is the smoother transmission fluid. I think I'll stick with Mobil 1 in the transmission and quit with the Pepto-Bismol fluid, she's smoother with Mobil 1...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 04-22-2017 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Just can't miss the chance for a typo...
Old 04-22-2017, 07:59 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Bounced out to the garage first thing this AM; took the Wide Glide off the J&S and put a scrap piece of wood under her jiffy/extension. Removed the derby cover and the primary drain bolt to let the primary drain; then back in for breakfast; sirloin steak and eggs with 24 ounces of homebrewed Porter; I've heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I need to start out right

Back out to the garage at noon; the primary is drained; adjusted the clutch pack and the clutch cable freeplay, 1 quart of Mobil 1 Racing 4T and buttoned her back up and took a nice ride. Back in to the garage and dropped the transmission fluid; the Redline was fresh last November when I put the bike down for her winter's nap but sleeping for that long, she needs new fluid. Used Mobil 1 75W-140 this time; I switch back and forth between Redline and Mobil 1 every other transmission fluid change but I swear, the Mobil 1 is the smoother transmission fluid. I think I'll stick with Mobil 1 in the transmission and quit with the Pepto-Bismol fluid, she's smoother with Mobil 1...

She looks good with the longer legs.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (04-23-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Nothing, really. Made another trim washer and did some hardware polishing last night. My arms are sore so I'm resting today but I did get my needle thrust bearings in the mail so I greased them and put them on. Here's a couple pics. HUGE improvement! Can't beloeve I didn't do this long ago. Well worth the $6-ish each.

Ok, I'm stumped. What are these and where do they go?

Old 04-22-2017, 08:27 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,196 Likes on 3,374 Posts

KG3 front turns

Need new mount nuts

ETA:They showed up

Last edited by NorthWestern; 05-03-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Finished up my brake upgrades. I added a P.M. rear 4 piston caliper, threw the DP pads it came with in the trash after the first test ride. I then got a set of Lyndal X pads, and now finally have good rear brakes.
I then decided to go ahead and add the P.M. 6 piston to the front, and put a set of Lyndal X pads before I tried the DP's it came with so it would match the rear. The fronts were good before, but are great now.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,741 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Froze my *** off..., and pissed on a bit by mother nature..., also verified the sissy bar will delivered in 3 wks

All things considered - it was an absolutely wonderful day..., on the sled

Ghost

Old 04-22-2017, 08:42 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Ok, I'm stumped. What are these and where do they go?
Sorry, they're bearing pullers and presses for hubs, stem, and neck. They ship with flat washers and kinda suck in the feels department.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Ah, that makes sense.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:30 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Went to the dealer and ordered a black battery cover band I wanted(off a 2017 low rider s)

They had a veterans expo going on. Old codgers and Harley-Davidsons everywhere!

Old 04-23-2017, 06:32 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by W.Glide
She looks good with the longer legs.
Thanks! I'm really liking the look and feel of the bike; I did some slow speed parking lot exercises yesterday and I'm starting to get a real feel for how the longer tubes changed slow speed control.

Love the P.M. calipers on your Wide Glide Those are a great upgrade...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?