Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
Just need to make a template they forgot to include. I got a sweet sticker though... Good thing it was delivered in a cardboard box.
Double check the packaging; that template is easy to miss; mine was under the Bung King card and the sticker, but that template was there

Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Just a sticker... It'll be fine I went to trade school for metal fab. Making templates out of carboard is like a Zen thing for me. Next time I find some decent gauge sheet metal im either making a coffin tank or a new tunnel for a sporty tank. All with a stick welder...

Edit: what would look even cooler is taking around an inch of each side off the fxd tank to narrow it quite a bit.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
Just a sticker... It'll be fine I went to trade school for metal fab. Making templates out of carboard is like a Zen thing for me. Next time I find some decent gauge sheet metal im either making a coffin tank or a new tunnel for a sporty tank. All with a stick welder...

Well hell; that's going to make putting those jiffy stand extensions on more drama than it needs to be; I hope it was just a fluke or there's going to be a bunch of mis-drilled jiffy stands out there in over length fork tube-land

I know you've got this; but most? Nope...

The following users liked this post:
Yamaharley (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 06:00 PM
smallwoodcd
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
35 - 40 ft-lbs on the bracket bolts, 18 - 22 ft-lbs on the stabilizer link bolt.
It's located in the engine section of the SM, under 'assembling motorcycle after service'...
Thanks TCC.....just found it in the book.....still learning these HD books!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:03 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by smallwoodcd
Thanks TCC.....just found it in the book.....still learning these HD books!
Oh hell yea; the SM's are put together by someone who's on heavy medication and psychiatric counseling Nothing is where is really should be...

Old 04-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Removed reflectors, adjusted bars, swapped out mid pegs for further forward mid pegs, ordered new retro tank badges and service manual for my new Street Bob. Too cold and wet to ride today!

Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,730 Likes on 822 Posts

Installed a leather swingarm bag and bracket package from Legendary Cycles, formerly known as Dead Creek Cycles of Belvidere, NJ. I bought the heavy duty Bobber Style bag which is made of very thick leather. The bag is installed using a unique system. They sandwich the back of the bag between two nicely powder coated pices of steel using three nuts, bolts and washers. Then the bag is bolted to the belt guard and the bottom shock bolt which is very solid.

The bag can be configured to your taste. I may bring it in a little closer to the fender after riding a bit. I'll have to raise the bag a little bit to clear the axle nut. No big deal. This was the first pass going right off the written instructions. Easy to read and follow instructions with photos.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 04-22-2017 at 06:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nemosengineer (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:27 PM
bmna2004
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed a moonsmaker 2 headlight tonight. I will take it for a ride Sunday night to see how it compares to stock (pretty sure itll be much better).

Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 PM
hometeam
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smallwoodcd
Just did this to my kids FXDLS.....
Order the horn bracket from a 2016 Street Bob....think its 16328-04A
Don't forget the acorn nut to hold the MM fans to the MM rubber mount P/N 7549A
The rubber mount is in the MM fan kit.
As mchad schooled me, when you remove the current FXDLS mount/stabilizer make sure the bike is up level.
I cant find the torque for the 2 bolts that go into the head and the stabilizer link in the service manual so I havent completed the installation yet. Also just hooking the fans straight to the DLC connector for power.
You guys are awesome. You even anticipated the next question I came up with - won't my engine fall over when the bracket's removed? Thanks for the info. Thanks to Mchad for the scheme. Thanks to TinCupChalice for the torque info.
I explained what I wanted to do to a HD parts guy this afternoon and ordered a bracket - the wrong one I now know after your post. He ordered one without the hole for the link bolt. Off a touring bike I guess. I'll fix that tomorrow. Many thanks all.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Installed a leather swingarm bag and bracket package from Legendary Cycles, formerly known as Dead Creek Cycles of Belvidere, NJ. I bought the heavy duty Bobber Style bag which is made of very thick leather. The bag is installed using a unique system bolted to the belt guard and the bottom shock bolt which is very solid.

[IMG]https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-
vbulletin/1500x2000/80-i mg_0834_7a01c63f53a7e602ed97edb573be584fb61fbc9b.j pg[/IMG]

The bags can be configured in several configurations.
that looks great. any idea if it would clear a stock side mount license plate? it looks like it could

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?