Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by ludville1
Installed a K+N air filter. Did some research/thinking on a Vance+Hines Upsweep exhaust and FP3 tuner for the bike. Tin Cup was right, LOL!

Warned ya, didn't I

If you're looking for a tuner only the Power Vision need apply; I keep saying it and it's still true; the two smartest things I've bought for this '13 Wide Glide is a Power Vision and the J&S lift.

Buy from Fuel Moto; absolute first rate first rate customer service and support, their custom maps are the best out there. Check out the pricing of the Power Vision on the Fuel Moto website; I paid more than that for my Power Vision and have zero regrets in doing so, and the fans of the Power Vision here in the Dyna forum is legion

Old 04-04-2017, 05:41 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

TinCup, other than being able to tune on the fly, what advantages are there to the Power Vision when compared to the Power Commander V?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:02 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
TinCup, other than being able to tune on the fly, what advantages are there to the Power Vision when compared to the Power Commander V?
The PCV is a 'piggy-back' add on tuner, it sits on top of the ECM and fools the ECM and mainly controls fuel and spark and needs to remain on the bike; the Power Vision is a flash tuner that gives you full control over the ECM. The Power Vision doesn't 'fool' the ECM but rather changes the tune in the ECM.

Unlike the PCV, the Power Vision retains the O2 sensors to run in closed loop as designed and allows the ability to auto tune with them. The PV can change pretty much any setting in the ECM, and the software used with the PV is far better than that used with the PCV.

With the Power Vision you can monitor gauges, temperatures, V/E, spark advance, throttle position, IAC steps, view and reset codes, run datalogs; it's a full featured tuner. At Fuel Moto it's $400 for the PV and their lifetime support; money very well spent

Old 04-04-2017, 06:29 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
The PCV is a 'piggy-back' add on tuner, it sits on top of the ECM and fools the ECM and mainly controls fuel and spark and needs to remain on the bike; the Power Vision is a flash tuner that gives you full control over the ECM. The Power Vision doesn't 'fool' the ECM but rather changes the tune in the ECM.

Unlike the PCV, the Power Vision retains the O2 sensors to run in closed loop as designed and allows the ability to auto tune with them. The PV can change pretty much any setting in the ECM, and the software used with the PV is far better than that used with the PCV.

With the Power Vision you can monitor gauges, temperatures, V/E, spark advance, throttle position, IAC steps, view and reset codes, run datalogs; it's a full featured tuner. At Fuel Moto it's $400 for the PV and their lifetime support; money very well spent

I guess if I were to remove the PCV to add the PV, I would need to get new O2 sensors because I no longer have any. Would I be able to just unplug my PCV and then connect the PV. I know I have to re-flash the tune with the PV, but would I have to do any kind of "back to stock" type flash before removing the PCV. I could always get a new license for the PCV and then resell it to recouped some of the money on it.

I wish they site had more info on the PV, would I be able to change tunes for needs, better fuel usage for commuting, more performance for playing around. I am guessing that it wouldn't require a dyno to establish tune parameters, making air intake, exhaust and engine mods easier to deal with.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:48 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I guess if I were to remove the PCV to add the PV, I would need to get new O2 sensors because I no longer have any. Would I be able to just unplug my PCV and then connect the PV. I know I have to re-flash the tune with the PV, but would I have to do any kind of "back to stock" type flash before removing the PCV. I could always get a new license for the PCV and then resell it to recouped some of the money on it.

I wish they site had more info on the PV, would I be able to change tunes for needs, better fuel usage for commuting, more performance for playing around. I am guessing that it wouldn't require a dyno to establish tune parameters, making air intake, exhaust and engine mods easier to deal with.

You'd need to have your O2 sensors back. You can just unplug the PCV and connect the Power Vision; your original tune is still in the ECM, it was never altered, the PCV was fooling the ECM. When you plug in the PV for the first time it 'marries' to your VIN, then will prompt you to save your original tune in the ECM to the Power Vision.

With the PV you can store multiple tunes in custom tunes and it's a simple matter of going in to program vehicle in the PV, select custom tunes, select the tune you want, apply it, and shut down the ignition. On your restart the new custom tune is being used by the ECM. With Fuel Moto's map library, they may be able to assist you with different tunes for different riding conditions that you could keep in the custom tunes of the PV to play with

Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

So you just use the standard Auto-Tune on the PV, you don't have the Auto-Tune Pro or the Target-Tune added to your ride?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:55 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Ordered a 17x4.25 aluminum Excel rim, stainless spokes & nipples, Avon Cobra AV71 150/80-17 tire, tube, & rim strip. Buchanans & Jake Wilson. Things are coming into focus!

I'm really curious how the weight of this new front end will compare to the old one. I'm betting it gained at least ten pounds. but, dual disc, so...

Last edited by cggorman; 04-04-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Installed my EBS w/ catch can and my daughter and I took the bike out for a hot lap to try it out with the K&N filter I installed over the winter. Not bad...definite difference felt via the "butt-dyno". The Xied's shipped yesterday, and I'm looking forward to installing those. Only thing left for this year will be a seat, and fairing. Maybe some different grips too. I have the nostalgic one on from JP's and was not overly fond of them. Hands were going numb from the vibes. May throw some ISO's on, or try out the Avons I keep reading about.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:02 PM
SurfGuitar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nightrider XiED, Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner and a Motherwell solo luggage rack.

This is the third Harley I've had on which I installed XiED's - They make a noticeable improvement in throttle response and lower engine heat. They also allow installing slip-ons and a Screaming Eagle or Big Sucker air filter without requiring a $$$ tune.

I had already installed Khrome Werks slip-ons and a Mustang Vintage solo seat. She's done now! (I think...)

Old 04-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Agreed...this is my 2nd bike with Xied's. My first was on my old '07 Heritage that was completely stock and it ran so much better and reduced the noticeable heat coming up from the engine. All I plan on doing to the Dyna is a basic Stage 1. So I'm not all that inclined to spend the cash on an FP3, or other tuner.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?