Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Wouldn't a shorter shift arm = a longer shifter throw?
With all other things being equal yes. It also requires more pressure. My opinion is the shorter shift arm is meant for peg foot controls where the shifter lever is shorter so that actual throw distance is the same as the longer shifter arm with a longer shifter lever on the foot board kits.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:37 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
With all other things being equal yes. It also requires more pressure. My opinion is the shorter shift arm is meant for peg foot controls where the shifter lever is shorter so that actual throw distance is the same as the longer shifter arm with a longer shifter lever on the foot board kits.
When I went from mids to forwards, it came with a taller lever much like the one in the pic, only it curved forward rather then aft. When I went to footboards, the taller one in the pic is the one that came with that kit. So either with the Forwards or the Footboards, you get the taller lever, the just curve in different directions. The shorter lever was originally from a softail with heel/toe option. So changing the spline that the heel/toe mounts to is really the only change I made from the footboard lever, the rear trans lever is the same and the shift rods is a neutral subject, don't believe its length effects much when shifting.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:40 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Wife in the garage helping put on the new exhaust and intake this weekend

Old 04-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Decided to keep her for another season or so..."life" just gets involved, ya know? I was going to make the jump back over to the Softie side, but it's just not a viable option at this point. So...on the bright side, the wife is giving me free reign to make it more mine...er "ours", yeah that's it...

Old 04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

A bit of a rethink this afternoon. I have another little project I'm working on with the Wide Glide right now but I can't quit looking at the plumbing for the Jagg low mount oil cooler and the 3Guyz oil filter relocation. I just replaced all the hoses for both when I installed the Predator front mount, but now I don't like it. I don't like those hose angles and curves; something's going to give eventually with the combination I've got; the low mount oil cooler, the oil filter relocation, the +3" extended shift rod, they all determine those hose bends; and it's only her life blood flowing through them

Time for a change. Broke out the razor and cut off all those new Gates 400 PSI reinforced hoses and removed the Jagg thermostatic adapter. Silly thing is 1 1/2" thick and eats up precious room and I can't see the point to it with a second adapter sitting on top of it.

I'm going to plumb the Jagg and the oil filter relocation in series without the thermostatic adapter. Out from the 45° of the billet engine adapter, in to the low fitting of the Jagg, out to the in of the oil filter mount, back in at the center fitting of the billet adapter.

I'll be curious if engine temperatures change removing the thermostatic adapter; I'll monitor the temperatures if it ever quits raining and sleeting

Old 04-03-2017, 06:15 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I'll be curious if engine temperatures change removing the thermostatic adapter; I'll monitor the temperatures if it ever quits raining and sleeting
My prediction...Temps might change on cool days and it will take a bit longer to warm up, but you won't see a difference during typical operation...unless it restricts flow when open...which it shouldn't if properly designed. Good test! I've thought about taking mine out but I do ride in the cold. Hmm...I wonder what the end is for acceptable oil temps...

Once you get back to Florida, you'll probably be happier without it.

Interesting note, my Jagg low mount has long hoses that run under the crankcase back to the tranny. The thermostat is under there as well.

Last edited by cggorman; 04-03-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Yea sort of what I figured as well. Warm up on cooler days will be a bit slower but my observed temperatures wouldn't change overall. That adapter eats up so much space with the Posi-Lock fittings on the relocation creating hose bends that just don't inspire confidence; when my gut says that bike is in a no ride condition I trust it.

Still trying to figure out how my front forks fell off tho...

Old 04-03-2017, 07:03 PM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Installed a K+N air filter. Did some research/thinking on a Vance+Hines Upsweep exhaust and FP3 tuner for the bike. Tin Cup was right, LOL!

Old 04-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Fxdh2112
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the rest of my parts in for the inverted front end swap, modified xr1200 setup.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:36 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Fxdh2112
Got the rest of my parts in for the inverted front end swap, modified xr1200 setup.
Make sure pics are posted. Currently own an XR, and would like to see how it looks on something other than the new Roadster... tp

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?