Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
is that this kit but, for your year?
https://www.sscycle.com/products/117...r-coat-finish/
Yep, that's the setup, except in black.

Haven't posted here as much as I used to. New job awhile back, actually work for a living now instead of spending half the day on the forum. Upside is more $$ for hot rod parts.

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I predict 130hp/136tq
I hope you're right.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-21-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,741 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Did a little headlight swap

Ghost

Old 04-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Adjusted the tune, used the pressure washer to give a bath, and put on the new RSD saddle. The new seating position is so low and far back that I also had to rotate the bars back a bit.

Damm, which color is that? Paint or vinyl? Its awesome!

Old 04-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambda
Damm, which color is that? Paint or vinyl? Its awesome!
It's chopper blue. The fenders are the original paint with a pinstripe but the tank I did this winter in the same chopper blue color but I put a satin clear coat on it instead of the gloss to give it a blue denim look. It was meant to be a trial to see if I like it and I hope to get the fenders done sometime this summer.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,746 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
I bought myself a new Dowco Frenzy tail bag, a good fit on the package rack. It's just about the right size for a daily or weekend bag. The bag has a large central compartment with a mesh zippered pouch internal and external small zippered pouches on either side, good quality of construction. Under a hundred on Amazon. I'm still playing with the fit so excuse the super long straps

: Mike
Interested in how you finally mounted it and if it's going to touch the fender at all. I'm looking for a bag to mount to my fender rack.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:51 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Located the source of an irritating squeak I'd been hearing on start up. The detachable mounting hardware bushing 'thing' had broken to bits. The sissy bar was shifting around making the squeaky noise.

replacwment ordered: 53684-96A

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....ive=false&.pdf

Last edited by cvaria; 04-02-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Located the source of an irritating squeak I'd been hearing on start up. The detachable mounting hardware bushing 'thing' had broken to bits. The sissy bar was shifting around making the squeaky noise.

Can you get those bushings separately? I've got a couple cracked ones. Haven't bothered to check with the dealer yet, dealing with the parts guy there usually just ends in frustration if I don't walk in with the exact part numbers I'm looking for.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:53 AM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Can you get those bushings separately? I've got a couple cracked ones. Haven't bothered to check with the dealer yet, dealing with the parts guy there usually just ends in frustration if I don't walk in with the exact part numbers I'm looking for.

I believe you can. I just installed the docking hardware on my bike and in the instructions it mentioned turning the bushings 1/4 turn if the sissybar is loose after a while. It said you can do this a couple times before needing to replace the bushings. I believe it mentioned part #, but I don't have the instructions available right now to give you the #.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:08 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Originally Posted by rbdub474
I believe you can. I just installed the docking hardware on my bike and in the instructions it mentioned turning the bushings 1/4 turn if the sissybar is loose after a while. It said you can do this a couple times before needing to replace the bushings. I believe it mentioned part #, but I don't have the instructions available right now to give you the #.

i bought these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRAG-SPECIAL...FY2Fhl&vxp=mtr

the rest of the pn's are here:

instructions:

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....ive=false&.pdf

The following users liked this post:
Reindeer (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Interested in how you finally mounted it and if it's going to touch the fender at all. I'm looking for a bag to mount to my fender rack.
Hi Antonio,
With my rack (Harley Dyna rigid mount) nothing touches the fender, I dont know which rack you have so the fit might be different. I will update this tomorrow as today I am a yard slave and had my wings clipped.

: Mike

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?