Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 AM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 359 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Just getting "broke in"

hmm...only 5700 on factory dunlops...seems low, maybe not
When I ran the 17/19 combo on my SB I averaged 5k rear and 10k front.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:01 AM
720FatBob
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
My first car was almost the same brown metalflake. Will always have a soft spot it.

Right on! What car was it or was it also a custom color. I originally wanted to go for the Harley Root Beer Candy but candy paints are so expensive; so i just mixed this up with my painter and threw gold flake in it

Old 03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
jricharc
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiegang

Did the Moons tail light switch today. Gonna pull the OEM signals off in a few days when we get the lift in the garage and do the shocks.
Diggin' that, what do you need to use in place of the rear signal brackets? Just stainless bolts?

Old 03-30-2017, 11:18 AM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jricharc
Diggin' that, what do you need to use in place of the rear signal brackets? Just stainless bolts?
Picture for reference. Just going to add another bolt when i pull the strut cover off this weekend. Tail light was straight plug n play a child could do it. And I even bought one of the knockoff china tail lights and it wasn't even a fraction of the light this is.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:21 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Wink Preventative maintenance

Stopped by my local indy and made an appointment for two weeks down the road for some preventative maintenance. He's usually booked two weeks out because he is good and at a reasonable, $75 an hour, rate.

The Dyna SG has 34,000 miles and it is time for new rear brake pads, the front still look good. Also will have him flush the front forks and replace the brake fluid on the front. No bad noises emanating from my primary but it is time to have the cam chain tensioners checked for wear/cracks.... just to be safe.

I will be leaving a couple of days after this service for a 1,200 mile {roundtrip}, to southern California to take the Advanced Rider Training course. Should be a great trip as April is a finet month to ride.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:45 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by 720FatBob
Right on! What car was it or was it also a custom color. I originally wanted to go for the Harley Root Beer Candy but candy paints are so expensive; so i just mixed this up with my painter and threw gold flake in it
It was a 1973 Mercury Capri 2600 (V6) 4 speed. Factory color. Built in Cologne, Germany and designed to compete with the Datsun 240Z.

Very close to this one, but mine had chrome steel bumpers.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 733 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Those rear isolators seem to be much more resilient than the front; the rear is hard to see but if you can check that the gap of the isolator is the same on both the front and rear of the mount you'll have a better idea. If that front/rear gap is the same you may just be OK with the rear...
Which upgrade do you think was more worthwhile, the Predator mount or the oil filter relocation? My mount looks pretty good right now and I just did a big bore so I'm thinking I'm doing the oil filter relocation next to get the convenience and added cooling. I have had some wobble at higher speed and head wind though.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:59 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Which upgrade do you think was more worthwhile, the Predator mount or the oil filter relocation? My mount looks pretty good right now and I just did a big bore so I'm thinking I'm doing the oil filter relocation next to get the convenience and added cooling. I have had some wobble at higher speed and head wind though.
This is what I'd focus on first; handling and stability are everything. Your front mount can look fine and still be failing due to oil contamination, causing excessive movement.

My first 1.5k miles with my Wide Glide when she was brand new was all about chasing stability; vehicle/engine alignment, new front isolator shimmed out 1/4", new Night Dragons, upgraded front suspension. Once I had the bike stable at high speeds and during cornering, then I moved on to the fun stuff.

The relocation absolutely is a very convenient and nice looking piece, especially using a permanent filter, looks great out on the downtube, but the Predator would be higher on my list if I had any stability issues; nice thing is the Predator is designed so even if contaminated engine oil were to get on it during an oil filter replacement it can't reach the rubber isolator and degrade it.

And, if you do the relocation first, you'll end up removing at a minimum the engine adapter and oil lines when you do install the Predator; I needed to remove my low mount Jagg oil cooler and the relocation to install the Predator; looking back, I should have done the Predator instead of going with that 2nd OEM isolator and shimming it out, only to have it fail and need to do the job again

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 03:08 PM
720FatBob
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
It was a 1973 Mercury Capri 2600 (V6) 4 speed. Factory color. Built in Cologne, Germany and designed to compete with the Datsun 240Z.

Very close to this one, but mine had chrome steel bumpers.
That is one good lookin car, and a sweet color too.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:01 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

used it to make a low-class deliver of my xr swing arm to the powdercoater. brought to you, in part, by the sissybar crew of 'Merica

wait...., what?!

... ok, just dirt

Last edited by cvaria; 03-30-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?