Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:05 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I bought some more unnecessary items for the bike.
Depending on how we look at it, everything we buy for our bikes is either necessary or unnecessary. Matter of attitude I believe. If we want it, not need it, it is necessary. If it is actually needed, it is necessary. Looks like nothing is unnecessary after all.... tomp dd50

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (03-27-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Mightyxxdan
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swing arm bag installed. I really like this bag. Has quick clips under the buckles.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

I took the fork emulators out for a test ride. I felt more bumps than before but they were not nearly as harsh. I'll have to try them on some curves later this week

Old 03-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Skyboxer
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W.Glide
I agree! When Multi speaks, I do my best to soak in what he says because i'm pretty certain he knows his stuff when it comes to Harley-Davidson. Now at the other end of the spectrum there is a member on this forum (thank god he doesn't post on the Dyna forum) that is one lost sole. (I think he's painting his bike red currently.
What's wrong with red? I was thinking of painting my super glide Chevy Medium Red, as a tribute to my first real car ('76 Monte Carlo) it had the white landau top so I would have to recover the seat. Can you get MC tires with raised white letters?

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-26-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is stupid
Old 03-26-2017, 06:16 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyboxer
What's wrong with red? I was thinking of painting my super glide Chevy Medium Red, as a tribute to my first real car ('76 Monte Carlo) it had the white landau top so I would have to recover the seat. Can you get MC tires with raised white letters?

There's not a single thing wrong with red. I was just saying that so Multi would know who I was talking about, and it's definitely not you. That is unless your building a frame out of conduit from Lowes.

Originally Posted by Skyboxer

Dang, I almost forgot your last question! I'm not sure if you can find any white letter tires for your bike, but a couple of weeks ago I had a customer bring his late model Mustang in for alignment, and i'll have to say it was the first time I had ever seen this done. The young man had came up with 1/8" strips of white rubber, cut them perfectly to match the tire's lettering, and epoxied them to the tires. I'll give him credit, he did one hell of a job on them, but they were like 1 1/2 times the size they should have been.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-20-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:32 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by W.Glide
Dang, I almost forgot your last question! I'm not sure if you can find any white letter tires for your bike, but a couple of weeks ago I had a customer bring his late model Mustang in for alignment, and i'll have to say it was the first time I had ever seen this done. The young man had came up with 1/8" strips of white rubber, cut them perfectly to match the tire's lettering, and epoxied them to the tires. I'll give him credit, he did one hell of a job on them, but they were like 1 1/2 times the size they should have been.
You can buy those in kits. https://www.tirestickers.com/

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (03-27-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
You can buy those in kits. https://www.tirestickers.com/

Well that should work for Skyboxer! I just gave this young man WAY to much credit on doing a good job cutting those out!!

Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Esco11
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got her back together after getting some powder coating done.
Definitely not doing anything other than small things until next winter.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:03 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

I finally got my fat tires put on the bike, thanks for all the help, Multi and the guys over on the FL-Dyna Interest Group for all the knowledge and pointers.

Sorry, I didn't get around to cleaning the garage up before I snapped a pic.
Attachment 520433

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:14 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I finally got my fat tires put on the bike, thanks for all the help, Multi and the guys over on the FL-Dyna Interest Group for all the knowledge and pointers.

Sorry, I didn't get around to cleaning the garage up before I snapped a pic.
FWIW, really like your bike better than the Switchback, which I believe is now gone. tp dd50

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?