Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:44 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I just aimed the headlight of my bike which the PO obviously never rode after dark in the 9500 miles he owned it unless he was a raccoon hunter

Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Ironcleveland
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmeno
Put dyna switchback wheels on my street bob
Nice bike! Did you powder coat your exhaust?

Old 06-03-2015, 10:49 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Plasti-dipped the inside of my new gauntlet fairing, installed custom dynamics LED blinkers all 4 corners, and installed a fog light that another forum member recommended, and I love it! so much better at night next up is an LED h4 bulb or a moto-illumination headlight not sure yet.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I purchased my Dyna today! 2015 FXDL. I pick it up on Saturday. It's my first Harley. I've been waiting for this for years!

Old 06-04-2015, 08:49 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieG
I purchased my Dyna today! 2015 FXDL. I pick it up on Saturday. It's my first Harley. I've been waiting for this for years!
Congrats, and enjoy. Dyna's are the best Big Twins made. tp

Old 06-05-2015, 06:39 AM
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy's Avatar
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my bike to the dealership to install Vance and Hines Big Radius but they wouldn't install it for me because they said i will need to also install air filter and a tuner for the bike.

They gave me a scary story telling me if the engine gets screwed up i wouldn't be covered by warranty so now I have to wait 2 more weeks to get enough money to buy air and tuner

They told me about a guy that owns a sportster who did the same thing and his engine had to be stripped costing him over $6000.00

Old 06-05-2015, 07:27 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
I took my bike to the dealership to install Vance and Hines Big Radius but they wouldn't install it for me because they said i will need to also install air filter and a tuner for the bike.

They gave me a scary story telling me if the engine gets screwed up i wouldn't be covered by warranty so now I have to wait 2 more weeks to get enough money to buy air and tuner

They told me about a guy that owns a sportster who did the same thing and his engine had to be stripped costing him over $6000.00

100% crap. Nothing will happen to your bike. F&$king dealerships! Don't buy the parts from them......unless you already did.

The rule is intake or exhaust w/o tuner and both, yes will require a tuner to throw in more fuel.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

+1 on that being BS. Installing just exhaust really does nothing for performance, simply allows for more exhaust note volume. Changing the exhaust cannot do detrimental things to the engine. If that was the case, the dealerships wouldn't sell after market exhaust at the parts counter. They would be setting themselves up for liability law suits, if they knowingly sold something that would void the warranty...

Magnuson Moss Act, for the USA, upholds warranties for the customer, unless it can be proven beyond a doubt that a customer's action caused a given failure. Different exhaust in and of itself is not one of those actions. Running the engine without oil would be. tomp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 06-05-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:10 PM
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy's Avatar
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm this is so confusing you guys are telling me the mechanic is telling lies, the service adviser at the dealership also told me it's ok to install just the exhaust Lenny from Revzilla also told me not to install just the exhaust he told me to install the air intake and tuner as well.

I really cant wait anymore to get the exhaust done because i want that loud harley sound on my bike do you think i should just get it fitted?

I was planning to buy Vance and Hines FuelPak FP3 and air filter next week online.

The mechanic and Lenny from Revzilla said my bike will run much hotter if i didn't install the air filter and tuner.

Last edited by 2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy; 06-05-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Ironcleveland
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Umm this is so confusing you guys are telling me the mechanic is telling lies, the service adviser at the dealership also told me it's ok to install just the exhaust Lenny from Revzilla also told me not to install just the exhaust he told me to install the air intake and tuner as well.

I really cant wait anymore to get the exhaust done because i want that loud harley sound on my bike do you think i should just get it fitted?

I was planning to buy Vance and Hines FuelPak FP3 and air filter next week online.
It is better for the motor to do it all at once so that you can make sure your air/fuel ratios will be correct since the new exhaust will most likely improve the motor's efficiency. That being said, a lot of people have added just the exhausts without any adverse effects. Personally I wouldn't run it long without a tuner, but I'm pretty picky about making sure it's running the best it can.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?